Chapter 10

You may be wondering what exactly is strength.

Easy at first glance to define but the answer gets complex at more you think about it.

At first anyone would say that strength is limited on the physical prowess you have but that was only the surface of the concept truth. It goes beyond that.

Strength is the courage to do things not just dream them. Dream are nothing than mere fantasies but that's where true strength comes, with strength you turn those dream into ambitions.

Strength is reason behind every single blow you cast. There cannot be strength without motivation and aspirations. To show strength you cannot fight aimless. There has to be a reason behind every hit, every single blow... An Ambition.

Strength is Power. Resilience, Discipline, Intellect, That was power for short.

Knowledge was also power. All the Kings who relied on their physical prowess and forces to reign were soon overthrown. You couldn't be ignorant while you hold power, that ignorance turns into weakness.

Pride. This world has no place for people who don't think highly of themselves. Be proud but no arrogant, arrogance was for the weak. Confidence.

Ambition, Courage, Intellect, and Pride. That was real Power, real Strength.

...

"And who you might be..?"

As Y/N finished his question

The crimson knight didn't replied on any way, it just stepped further. Downing the stairs as the long sword he wield was dragged on the ground Making a noise that would make anyone feel anxious.

But obviously Y/N wasn't just anyone. In fact, it amused him. Perhaps this was the sound of a decent battle and maybe just maybe the one he is searching for. Let's see.

"You seem enthusiastic to start..."

Once again the Knight kept silence, Y/N was starting to think that the it couldn't talk or maybe it didn't wanted to answer him for any reason.

As the Knight got closer to Y/N who remained still, dug the long sword on the ground before it started to unclip the cape which was hanging from its shoulders.

Y/N kept his gaze stuck on every single action that the crimson knight did and raised an eyebrow slowly getting what he was doing.

The knight grabbed again the long sword with a single hand and with mastery and calmly pointed its sharp end towards the human direction.

"Hm? Oh... I see."

He chuckled a little as from his left hand a black aura started to swirl and his sacred gear materialized out from the black energy

Y/N placed his sword over his sword in a waiting manner.

Little by little he was starting to like this knight monster. Chivalry... he liked it.

"You seem interesting, do not disappoint me."

While he said that he mentally said to Vritra

"Vritra, do not dare to give me any of your power of any source. I will win this battle using my own strength. If somehow this knight get the best out of me then let him kill me."

Vritra sighed but accepted without any complaints. He highly doubted that this monster could even go into a stalemate with his host.

Y/N human strength was enough to... Well, he basically wiped this dungeon without acceding to his power.