Chapter 40

After the battle between Y/N and Rias's peerage, they all went back to her office.

Y/N was sitting on one of the two couches of the office while the members of his group or peerage were standing behind his couch.

He eyed back and saw Raynare get closer to his ear and whisper to him with an amused smirk.

"Come on, be honest. Which one did you enjoy hitting the most? Maybe Rias?"

Raynare asked with a grin to Y/N who chuckled

"I didn't "hit" anyone. I just touched them."

"Oh well, I'm sorry. Well then, which one do you enjoy touching the most?"

Y/N laughed softly as he looked at the peerage of the crimson-haired heiress.

"They all are good kids. I didn't enjoy hitting anyone."

"You're starting to sound like an old man even though you're seventeen."

He smiled.

Many people have told him that same thing.

Maybe having an incoming child was unconsciously forcing him to mature.

"I guess the white is going to show up in my hair sooner than expected."

His attention was stolen by Rias who coughed on her hands to get his attention.

"Shall we discuss the training we just had?"

"Oh, sure. What part exactly?"

Then she placed a board of chess over the table in the middle that separated them.

"I would like to discuss it while having a game of chess. I focus better that way, of course, if you don't mind."

Y/N shrugged with a smile.

"You really like this game, huh? Well, I don't mind."

Like of use, he picked the black team and Rias the white ones.

A minute later Akeno came up with hot drinks for both of them. Tea for Rias and coffee for Y/N.

"Thank you, Akeno."

Akeno smiled at him.

"Anytime, handsome."

She walked behind Rias's couch alongside the rest of her peerage.

Since she was from the white ones, she did the first. And as expected she moved a pawn only to see what Y/N would do.

As she did this action, she decided to start the conversation as well.

"Anything that peaked your attention during the battle..?"

"You say that because you want advice or you won't take my observations into consideration, because I don't want to waste my time."

"I want to know how to improve."

Y/N nodded as he moved a piece of his own. He moved the pawn that was in front of the King. Trying to free the King's path.

Rias narrowed her eyes at this move.

So he was going to do the same at that time.

"Apart from the obvious fact that your peerage is low on power and strength... I only have one thing to point out about the battle we shared... One that if I may add find very... distasteful."

"And that was?"

She moved her piece of choice.

Y/N after seeing her move proceeded to do his own, and how Rias expected he rose the King.