|| 117 || Laser Tag 💎 O/F

Art by IzukiYia on DeviantArt

━━━━━━━

IRyS + !Gender Neutral!Reader

Author stumbles blindly back into this book, only to slam down a chapter and scurry away again.

The fact I haven't written for IRyS yet is criminal. Feel free to shame me in the comments.

Word Count → 2246 Words

Warnings → YabaIRys. Kronii was not harmed in the making/writing of this chapter, only mildly startled. Author gets a little too into writing one scene with IRyS bcuz she's pretty. Kind've implied Poly EN

━━━━━━━

You ran. You didn't know where you were running, but you ran.

Next to you, Kiara's shoes thumped against the floor, the phoenix warrior's hair flying behind her as it sparked in the low light. Ina was lagging behind, puffing as she ran out of breath, clutching her stomach in pain. She was shot.

With a huff, Kiara grabbed the priestess and hauled her over her shoulder. Ina didn't protest and just nuzzled closer to the phoenix's warmth, letting her arms fall loosely over muscled shoulders.

"Where the hell did Mumei go?! She was supposed to be watching our asses!" Kiara hissed, rushing around a random corner with you not far behind.

"Take a guess," You grumbled back, glancing over your shoulder. All clear for now. Kiara scoffed.

"At least I keep my gayness on the move," You chuckled as her free hand came up and rubbed against Ina's knuckles thoughtfully. The priestess was still trying to catch her breath.

Laser tag. Probably should've guessed everyone would've taken it to this level, but you didn't. Two teams in a confined area battling for victory, it was bound to get serious.

It had all started out so well, too. Kiara was a sharpshooter and horseback archer in previous lives (according to her at least). You'd seen her shoot before. It was scary. Then you had Ame, who was used to using her 44. Magnum on difficult cases. She was also an avid gamer with rage problems. You'd seen Kronii gwak in fear at her outbursts. Of course, you couldn't forget Mumei, resident horror game antagonist, and Kronii's one weakness. Good thing the time warden was on the opposite team.

Then everything happened. Ame had gotten separated when Calli and Bae had teamed up and forced her in the opposite direction than the rest of your group. Then Mumei declared that she would 'take care of' Kronii, ditching the group despite being the designated lookout. 'Taking care of' probably meant the two had found some secluded corner and were probably making out. Either that or Kronii had been gutted in a quite literal sense and was left bleeding out somewhere. You could never quite tell with Mumei.

Then IRyS turned her attention to your misfit band left in the dirt, and that was when you panicked slightly. If there was anything IRyS was good at, it was laser tag. Probably because she had the uncanny ability to do this little thing where she faded out of existence for a few seconds to avoid getting hit and appearing randomly out of nowhere (like a cheater. She always rebutted this saying that if it was a natural ability it wasn't cheating. It didn't quite work when Kiara threatened to smoke them out one day).

To top it if, you had no idea where Gura had disappeared to. Asshole used her tiny-ness to hide away in the weirdest places and you'd already been got three times by her alone, including once from the ceiling.