Prologue (2)

I woke up in a cell, feeling groggy from the night before. I looked over to see a man standing on the other side of the metal bars, leaning against the wall as he stared at me. His hair fell just above his shoulders, wearing a black leather vest that complimented his body nicely. He had some facial hair that suited his jawline well.

there was something about him. He was attractive, and also very intimidating. Just his eyes alone made me a little uneasy.

He was dirty, but who isn't in a time like this? I sat there, wondering who was going to break the silence first. The mysterious man tilted his head up a little bit before bringing it back down, continuing to keep his eyes on me, eventually he cleared his throat like he was going to say something, but didn't.

"got something you wanna say?"  I asked in a snarky tone as i looked up at the man

"got something you wanna say?" I asked in a snarky tone as i looked up at the man. I was beginning to get annoyed with the way he stared at me.

"your people, where are they?" the man grunted, keeping his gaze on me.

"it's just me." i said softly.

"nah, i don't believe that." the man continued looking at me intensely.

"well then that's your problem." i sat against the wall, resting my back on the cool bricks.

"hm. how long you been out around here?" the man grunted.

"i don't know. Awhile." i answered, shrugging my shoulder slightly.

"got a camp? Walls?" The man asked.

"no. Places like this don't make it." i told the redneck.

"how many people you got in your group?" He asked.

"I told you. I don't have a group." i answered truthfully. Getting annoyed he kept asking that same question.

"don't lie to me!" the man raised his voice.

           He had a grip on me, pointing his knife at me incase i tried anything stupid, of course i wasn't going to when he had the upper hand,  and i didn't

           He had a grip on me, pointing his knife at me incase i tried anything stupid, of course i wasn't going to when he had the upper hand,  and i didn't. Not to mention he's much stronger than i am. It would be stupid of me, possibly even a death sentence. The man eventually released me, I sat there, pulling my knees to my chest, keeping my distance from him. The thought of being around a man i didn't know always freaked me out, mainly because of my father and how he treated me growing up.

Things weren't butterflies and rainbows like you'd think they'd be, in fact it was the complete opposite, Then the world went to shit and everything got worse.

I tried to act strong, and brave in front of the man, trying to hide the fact i was scared of him. Maybe that's what he wants. Perhaps he wants me to be afraid.. of course he does.

"if you're lying we'll find out." the man spoke again. Clearly being annoyed.

"good thing i'm not." i rested my head back, pulling my knees into my chest again.

      The man left, going up the stairs and leaving me alone in the cell. I didn't know what he was going to do with me. In a world like this it's kill or be killed, but i knew i didn't want to go back out there again, i didn't want to be alone. Although i preferred it, sometimes it got a little too lonely, too dangerous.

I got captured once before and luckily made it out, The group never found me again after escaping their compound which i didn't even think was possible due to how big the building was, and how many people the leader had in his group, but i knew i never wanted to see any of them again.

i heard a noise, heavy footsteps shuffling behind shortly after. I continued to sit there, looking around since i couldn't do anything else. It was the same man as before coming back down to the cell.

what does he want now?

"Take it. For your headache." the man handed me a pill.

"can i get some water?" i asked, hesitantly taking the pill in my hand.

          The man turned around, grabbing a ladle and scooping up some water from a bin, walking over to the cell door i slowly stood up, Walking over to him, the metal bars blocking us from each other

I reached my arm out, slowly making my way to grab the man's arm, His reflexes were much too fast, and he grabbed me instead, revealing the marks i had on my arm, I wasn't sure what i was trying to accomplish, call it intrusive thinking i guess. I quickly pulled away, walking back and forth before sitting back down on the hard cement ground.

"those marks.. what are they?" He pointed.

"nothing.." i said softly.

"don't look like nothin." He looked again, knowing i was lying.

      The man continued standing there, waiting for an answer. I didn't know if i really wanted to answer it, but i knew it would just get brought up again some way some how. Maybe it was better to talk about it, that's what other people always said, before the apocalypse of course.