Ashes (31)

y/n Martin

y/n Martin

I roamed the woods again, seeing someone off in the distance. They were by a run down church. I couldn't make out who it was, so i walked closer, carefully hiding behind the trees, not wanting to make any sudden movements.

In case it was them; the people from before.

"better be here when i come back." i heard a woman say. I looked past the tree, seeing Negan before seeing Maggie just moments later.

"oh, thank god." I whispered.

I stepped out from behind the tree, a few leaves crunched under my feet which caught their attention. They quickly turned their gaze towards me, pulling their weapons out.

"Maggie." i looked at her relieved.

"y/n" she said walking toward me, wrapping me up in a hug. Negan stood there watching, a slight smirk grew on his face as he looked at me. I looked at him rolling my eyes, he smirked again as if he craved my annoyance.

"where are the others?" i asked.

"we don't know. It's just us right now. We have to hope they made it out." Maggie put her weapon away.

"what about daryl, did you see him at all?" i asked, looking at both of them.

Maggie shook her head no, looking back at Negan, then back at me. It was unlike daryl to not have tracked our location yet. i would've at least thought he'd find Maggie before i did.

I didn't want to show that i was worried, especially not in front of Negan giving the fact he'd throw it in my face.

"we have to keep going." Maggie stood there.

"without the others?" i asked.

"we need that food." Maggie said assertively.

The three of us began walking through the woods again, continuing on with the mission.
I thought in my mind it would be best to just go back to Alexandria, but Maggie was right, We need the food.

It didn't feel right, continuing with the mission without knowing who's still alive, but i had no other choice. About a Dozen walkers approached the three of us, rolling my eyes as i looked at them, not really in the mood to be dealing with another loose end.

Maggie grabbed out her knife, me and Negan doing the same. Stabbing each walker in the head, one body dropping to the ground after another. "we need to get moving. The others could already be at the satellite outpost." Maggie began walking.

"or it could just be the three of us." Negan sighs

I looked at Negan as he walked past me, i froze there for a moment, questioning if he was right or not. I had to believe he was wrong. I had to believe the others made it out too. i  just had to.