Diverged (25)

Me, daryl and Dog walked through a dirt road in the middle of the woods

Me, daryl and Dog walked through a dirt road in the middle of the woods. I kept looking at the ground, and off to the distance. Neither me or daryl saying anything to each other.

I brought out my container of water, struggling to get the cap open.

"let me help." Daryl said walking beside me.

"i got it." I said twisting the cap again until it popped open. I took a swig of the water, handing it over to daryl as he poured some into his hand, letting dog get a drink before he took a drink of water himself.

"You're not coming back with me, are you?" I asked the two of us started walking again.

"i'm gonna stay out a little longer. See what i can find." Daryl looked at me.

"okay." i nodded my head.

"want a ride? My bike is just up a little farther." Daryl asked as he pointed in the direction.

"No, i'm good." i spoke softly.

The road broke into two different directions. The two of us getting closer to it, knowing that's where we would part ways.

"hey, uhm." Daryl started.

"You don't have to apologize, daryl." i looked at him.

"was just gonna say good luck." He looked at me.

"good luck to you too." we separated.

"Thanks." Daryl walked off where the road split. I walked back to Alexandria on my own, Dog following me instead of being with daryl. I gave him a little pat on the belly as he started following me again.

While on the walk all i could think about was daryl, and all the things he said. Part of me wanted to be out there with him still, but i was hurting. The gates opened up Dog walked ahead of me, i looked around not seeing very many people out and about.

"let's get home." i said going back to the house.

I walked the street, cutting past the sidewalk, and crossing the road. Seeing the house come into view. Dog waited patiently for me to open the door, walking into daryl's little room where he hung out at when he wasn't in his bedroom.

"hmm. Smells like daryl." i walked in, following Dog. I grabbed a dog bowl, filling it up with water, and sitting it down on the ground as he licked his mouth. I sat down, dog jumping up on me.

"good boy." i started petting him all over.

I looked around the room, seeing some of daryl's belongings. He had a little box of tools, some animal fur, maybe from a squirrel or raccoon. There were a few books sitting on a table, everything smelled like him.

A sigh fell from my lips and i sat up, seeing Dog going crazy and ripping things up.

"Dog, No!" i yelled trying to get him to stop.