Rest In Peace: Part One (50)

y/n Martin

y/n Martin

Daryl and i ran for awhile, trying to find the hospital. My lungs burned from all the running, growing more exhausted. Daryl still carried Judith in his arms, she woke up for a bit, but went unconscious again.

This is my fault.
I said to myself a few times.

She took that bullet for me.
My mind wouldn't stop.

why did she take that bullet?
I asked myself.

It should've been me. Not her.
I felt guilty.

Daryl's footsteps shuffled inside the hospital. "help me! Help!" He yelled desperately. The building was empty from what we could see.

"help!" I yelled, daryl placing Judith down on one of the beds.

Judith slowly started opening her eyes, but she was still very much out of it. Daryl ran off, trying to find anyone to help. I did the same, making sure to not run off far. I had no luck. There was nobody here. I jogged back, seeing Judith still on the bed. "daryl..i-" before i could finish my sentence i saw daryl on the ground, knocked out cold. "daryl!" I yelled dropping to my knees, and feeling for a pulse.

He was okay. "daryl, wake up." I said to him. I saw movement in the corner of my eye, looking over to see walkers approaching the glass. Lots of them, and they were coming quick. I heard shuffling from behind me, turning my gaze to see Judith stumble out of the bed.

"Judith.. no. Get back in bed." I told her, but as stubborn as she is, she didn't listen.

I quickly ran to the doors that were open, shutting them and locking it. Judith helped the best she could before she collapsed onto the ground next to daryl. "Shit. Judith!" I yelled and ran to her. She still had a pulse, but it was beginning to faint. I saw Judith and Daryl's unconscious body, unsure of what to do.

Tears flooded my eyes as i continued kneeled down next to the two of them. I didn't know how to help them. I'm just one person, and daryl is far too heavy for me to lift him onto my own. I put pressure on Judith's wound, trying to suppress the bleeding.

Suddenly i heard more noise, panicking, screaming voices. I looked toward the hallway, seeing Carol and the others. "carol!" I yelled to get her attention. She quickly ran over to me, seeing daryl on the ground. "what happened?" Carol asked worried.

"i don't know. We were trying to find someone to help us with Judith. I came back, and he was on the floor. He won't wake up.. Judith..she was awake.. she helped me close the doors, but she collapsed." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

Carol helped me with Judith, laying her on a bed, then we went back for daryl. He was heavy, and his unconscious body was heavier. We struggled, but eventually got him onto a bed, putting him in the same room as Judith.