Rotten (39)

Y/n Martin

Y/n Martin

Walker blood was all over my suit, my helmet was on to cover my face, protecting me more. My heart rate rising from fear of being bitten. Walkers surrounded me and daryl, making our way to the house. Both trying our best to act like a walker.

Daryl could sense i were freaking out based on my body language. He nudged me with his shoulder as if he accidentally bumped into me like a real walker would.

Eventually making it to the house where the money was. Daryl opened the door, both looking around for the room that has the code.

"over here." Daryl said.

I walked over, looking at the number pad on the wall, seeing that it wasn't going to work.

"we need power for the lock." I looked at him.

A couple walkers started approaching me from behind, daryl warning me, and holding a flashlight up so i could see, stabbing both of them in the head. They hadn't been here for long, their bodies still looking fresh.

A bang was heard on the door where the pad lock was at, causing me to gasp and quickly turn around. "hello?" i asked approaching the door again.

"Are you with a group?" A woman cried out.

"we're with the Commonwealth army. Are you okay?" i asked.

"i'm.. i'm sorry. The money is in here, but.. i'm the only one left." The woman cried.

"he's done this before." Daryl whispered.

I looked at daryl, knowing i had to get the woman out of there or at least try to. The woman cried about having two children and being in debt. Furrowing my eyebrows hearing her say twelve were sent here.

"we turned the generators on. The two men turned on each other. I locked myself in here and that's when the power went out." The woman continued crying.

"i'll go find the generators you stay here with her." Daryl walked away.

"what's your name?" i asked.

"April. My names april." she spoke.

"i'm y/n. we're gonna get you out of here." i tried to reassure the woman.

i continued standing at the door, trying to comfort the woman the best that i could. Daryl was still gone, not knowing if he made it to the generators or not. A sigh fell from my lips as i waited patiently, wishing i had gone with him.

Beeping was heard, turning around to see a red light flashing on the pad. Quickly typing in the code just as daryl approached me from behind, his suit being off of him.

"thank you, thank you." April cried as she hugged you.

"the safe is right there, can you get into it?" April asked.

"i can try." Daryl said, attempting to pry it open.

The lights flickered, beeping was heard again, trying to figure out what it was. "aw shit." i said, seeing an alarm system on the wall.

The alarm started blaring loudly, april covering her ears, and panicking. "no, it's drawing them into the house." April panicked.

"shut it off!" Daryl yelled.

"i have to cut the power to the circuit port." i said using my knife to tear it open and hitting it with my helmet.

Daryl shook the safe door, finally getting it open. "come here, help me." Daryl said. i quickly walked over and brought a bag over, helping to put all the money into it.

"we leave the same way we came in. No sudden moves. We walk right out that door." Daryl looked, holding his knife in his hand.

Gunfire was heard before having the chance to open the door and try making it out. April covered her ears again, the sounds of the walkers faded out as the gunfire continued. Daryl helped you open the door, Carol and Mercer walking inside.

"how'd you know where we were?" Daryl asked.

"you didn't show up for lunch so i got Mercer." Carol walked in.

"Alves and castle said you came here to steal money." Mercer spoke.

"Nope. That did not happen." Daryl said while dragging a walkers body into the room.

"Sebastian made us come in here. He threatened our kids." i looked at him.

"we need to gut up. There's more walkers out there than you got ammo." Daryl held up his knife.

Slowly walking out again, walker blood all over our clothes. April groaned, a walker being stuck to her. She freaked out, stabbing it in the head which drew attention towards her. "no. no. no.." April cried out. Daryl stabbed a walker in the head. Mercer shot his gun, and so did carol.

"i'm out!" Mercer yelled, putting the rifle away and pulling out a hatchet.

"i'm out too." Carol grabbed her knife.

All the walkers had been killed, looking down at the ground to see April. She was gone, there was no saving her, taking your knife and ending her off for good to prevent her from turning into a walker.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

The four of you finally made it back after walking for awhile. I carried a bag full of money while daryl carried two more.

"could've used your help back there." Mercer spoke to the two men waiting.

"looks like it." One spoke.

"how many others did you send in there before them? Carol asked.

"ehh 30 maybe 40." The man said as he opened one of the bags.

Before either of them could say anything else Mercer grabbed out his pistol, shooting them both in the head. The rest of you standing there like it was nothing.

"you have to pay Sebastian." Mercer looked.

"nah." Daryl said.

"if you don't he'll come after you. That's a fight you ain't gonna win. I'll carry the bags through the gate. They won't search me." Merced walked away with all three bags.

I sat down at the office with daryl, him sitting across the table from me. "there they are." Sebastian said with a smile on his face. He cheered quietly, feeling proud that we had gotten him the money. Daryl sat there rubbing his chin with his hand. "well done lady and gents. Well done." Sebastian grabbed some money from the bag.

Sebastian grabbed another stack of money, slamming it down onto the table. "what's that?" Daryl asked testing his chin on his hand.

"that's your cut. I'm of course going to pay you. I'm so glad we're friends again." Sebastian smiled as he walked away with all the three bags of money.

I sat there, looking at daryl with an annoyed smirk resting upon my lips. He looked at me, then down at my body before turning to look at Mercer. Daryl wasn't happy about having to give the money to Sebastian anyway.

Risking our lives for someone that only cared about himself was something daryl never liked doing. None of us did.