The Rendition (30)

Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon

I was sat in a cell, both hands and feet tied with rope. I used a razor, trying to cut through the rope. Leah walked into the room, somethin' was off about her, she leaned against the wall, slidin' down slowly until she was sittin' on the floor. "what happened?" I asked, seeing she was upset.

I tried not to care, but i couldn't help it.

"one of my brothers is dead. Micheal Turner was his name. We fought all over the world together, pope brought him in after our last tour, when he started his company." Leah spoke softly.

"company? I thought you were soldiers." I asked her in confusion.

"we were. Until we went private." Leah fiddled with her shoe lace.

"never told me you were a merc." I grunted.

"does it matter? Micheal was the little brother i didn't have, the one i always wanted. Now he's dead." Leah's voice broke.

I sat there listenin' as she spoke. I know her pain, Rick was my brother, not by blood, but he was more of a brother to me than merle ever was.. "this is the first time i've lost someone close to me in a long time." Leah breathed out.

"well.. Except maybe for you.." Leah looked over her shoulder.

I looked over at her, fiddling around with my fingers. "you didn't lose me." Even though apart of her did lose me. "i came back and you were gone." I spoke softly.

"you left me. I asked what you wanted. I gave you a choice. You left." Leah turned her body to look at me. "this is me, daryl. The good and the bad." Leah wiped her face.

"i don't believe you." I looked away.

"i can't help with that. Despite everything, i still care about you. I dont want anything bad happening to you either." Leah spoke again.

"i can't control what my commander does next. He's angry about Turner and wants someone to pay." Leah explained.

"there's a woman, she's the leader." I knew i fucked up telling her that, but she was going to find out eventually.

I hated myself for telling her anything, anything at all about me and my family.

"they were speaking in code because i was an outsider. There was a tall skinny guy, never shuts up, and a priest who carries a shotgun." I explained to her.

She knew i was lying, i didn't want to sell them out, but i had no other choice than to tell the truth. We have more people, more fire power than her people do.

I had hoped my family made it out, whoever was left. Maybe they went back home. Would've been smart, but we also desperately need the food.

"when do i meet him, this pope?" I asked.

"soon." Leah answered before walking away.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

I was in a barn, three men surrounding me as i was sat in a chair. "got something to say? come on, don't be shy. You're about to meet the man." A voice was heard as all three men stepped toward me.

"leave all that coy shit for your girlfriend." Another man said.

"she's not my girlfriend." I grunted.

"i bet she wears the pants with homeboy here."

"you don't know shit about shit, Carver Knock it off." Leah walked in.

The three men stepped out, Leah untying the rope around my hands when there was a click sound like something had been locked.

"hey!" Leah yelled, trying to open the door.

A liquid soaked through the crack at the bottom of the door. Suddenly the lights had gone out, fire quickly spread, Leah backing up from the door. I stood onto my feet quickly, pulling at the boards on the window, tryin' to break them off.

"Here, take it. Take it!" Giving Leah a cloth to cover her face.

I did everything i could, eventually breaking some boards off, and breaking a window, my hand breaking through it. I punched some wood with both hands, creating a bigger opening, letting Leah jump out first.

I patted the smoke, small bits of fire off mine and her legs. She stood on her feet, pulling the bandana down from her face. I stood up, seeing her people standing in front of us.

Leah walked toward them, turning around to look at me as she stood with them.

When i saw her join them i knew it was a test. A test to see if i would protect her.

"forged by fire

"forged by fire. Ordained by god. Welcome him!" The leader spoke out.

"Fortitudo Saludis!" Everyone yelled.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

"you believe in god?" Pope asked.

"nah. Nah i don't. Not anymore. Guess i just believe in me now." I looked at the man.

"that's a mistake there. You're not him." Pope shook his head.

"huh, i passed your little test, didn't i? or whatever you wanna call it." My eyes followed as he walked to a table.

"If you think that's the end of it. You're wrong." Pope began pouring a clear substance.

"today god baptized you in that fire. Made you one of us. Never turn your back on your brother." Pope said, leading me outside.

He grabbed a man, throwing him into the campfire, watching as he burned to death. His screams grew louder as his flesh melted off.

I've seen this before, with negan. He threw his only doctor into a fire. I gave the leader a side eye as he backed away from the fire. Nobody gave a reaction, except for Leah, she jumped up from her chair.

Watching as the man burned.

»»»»

This one is a little shorter than most, but hope you guys are enjoying it. :)

thank you everyone for all the reads, i really appreciate it. Same goes with the voting, i greatly appreciate that too.

Another chapter will be ready soon!

xoxo