Acts of God (41)

Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon

I held a rifle up, walking through an abandoned house with Gabriel followin' behind me, Aaron. "clear!" a trooper yelled as he checked a different room.

"they're not splitting up." Aaron spoke.

"they will." I shined my flashlight.

"we need to do this now." Aaron stopped.

"too risky." Gabe walked over.

"we keep headin' North, away from our group. We find our moment, we take it." I looked at them both.

We walked the hallway with the troopers following. The wall cracking, and a loud bang was heard. The wall had fallen apart as walkers pushed through. "Move!" A trooper yelled.

A man started yelling while holding a walker, eventually shoving it down and killin' it.

We waited in the woods one of the troopers saying we had one more sweep. "i'll lead the way." I began walkin' Everyone followed behind me as the leaves crunched under our feet, comin' across a junk yard. Cars, vans and a school bus. Aaron and i looked at one another, pulling my rifle out and shootin' one of the troopers.

I shot again, missing as i ducked down. I hid behind one of the abandoned cars, ducking down, and coverin' my face as more gunfire ricocheted. I ran to the bus, a bullet flying past my head as i ducked again.

A trooper ran up, hitting him across the face with my rifle. He hit the ground as another bullet swept past my head, nearly hitting me.

Eventually seeing Aaron fire a few shots. Another trooper hit in the shoulder by  Gabriel.

Aaron and i stood back to back as he shot some Walkers while i watched his back for anymore troopers. Hearing movement against the dirt, walking over to see one last trooper groaning in pain. "where's Hornsby?" I flipped him over.

More walkers slowly approached as the man looked over, knowing he was going to die if he didn't start talkin'.

"maybe 10 miles out. He wants to clear the field." The trooper spoke.

I stood there a few seconds before pulling the trigger anyway.

"clear the field?" Gabriel asked.

"leave all allies behind." i looked around.

"(y/n)" Aaron joined in.

y/n Martin

y/n Martin

I kneeled down with Lydia, Elijah, Marco, and Maggie. "let's do this." Marco spoke as he stood up. His body soon went lifeless as he stood there blankly, his body slowly falling to the ground as if we were in slow motion.

"Marco!" Lydia yelled.

We looked, seeing he was shot in the back of the head. A woman coming out of the smokey darkness as we ran off.

The three of us made it into the woods, killing a few walkers in the process. "that was Leah." i told Maggie as she walked over.

"you're sure that was her?" Elijah asked.

"yes. Go. Please, i'll lead Leah and the others away." I looked at them.

"we can't leave you by yourself." Lydia spoke.

"i'm not gonna lose you guys too." I stood there.

"(y/n), you're pregnant. You shouldn't even be out here. We're not leaving. We do this and then we can meet up with the others." Maggie looked at me.

"i'll be okay, just take them somewhere safe, please. I'll find you. " I looked at maggie again.

Maggie didn't like the idea of leaving me alone, and neither did my sister and Elijah, but Leah isn't going to stop until she spills blood, especially mine.

I creeped around slowly, weaving through trees when i saw one walker roaming around, slowly pulling my knife out as the walker got closer, stabbing it in the head as quiet as i could.

I grabbed my gun back out after putting my knife away, continuing to walk slow, seeing Leah in the shadows, quickly hiding behind a tree as i fired a shot.

Leah yelled out, the bullet hitting her somewhere. I grunted when i looked over and got hit. I gained consciousness, waking up to being tied to a chair, Leah sitting in front of me with a gun pointed to my head.

"i know what you want, Leah, but you can't kill me because that'll be too easy. If that's what you wanted you would've done it already. You want me to suffer." I looked at her.

"you're wrong. It's not just you. When i'm done, everyone you love will be dead." Leah whispered as she leaned closer.

i stared at her blankly, knowing she meant every word she said.

"i killed your people because that's what i wanted, Leah. Go ahead." I watched as Leah raised her gun again.

Little did she know while we were talking i was maneuvering my hands out of the ties, getting them loose, and kicking the gun out of her hands. Leah grunts when her body hits the wooden floor.

I attempt to grab the gun from her, but she fights me, punching me across the face as i kept my grip on the weapon. The gun flashed for a split second as a bullet flew out.

Quickly grabbing my knife, and cutting her arm Leah yells out in pain. She shoves me onto the ground, quickly collecting myself, and running at her again.

The fighting continues, both of our knives being out as we fought for our life. Leah head butts me, throwing my head back, and grunting in pain. A burning sensation was felt on my leg, placing my hand on the wound after being cut.

Leah slams me onto the floor, wrapping both of her hands around my neck. "no." I try to fight her off. Leah begans swinging, punch after punch. My face starting to bleed, Leah grabbed her knife out again, attempting to stab me in the chest. "no." I say again, using all my strength to keep her from killing me.

One gunshot was heard, and Leah's body went lifeless. I laid there to catch my breath, seeing daryl standing in the doorway. He fires another shot out the window, quickly pulling me onto my feet as we both run out.

My stomach hurt, my whole body hurt, but i was more worried about my baby. Daryl looked at me with concern as i slowly walked in the field. Gabriel and Aaron joining us, Daryl holding onto me, blood all over my face and neck.