Tower (21)

The bright sun beamed through the window blinds as it rose higher and higher in the sky

The bright sun beamed through the window blinds as it rose higher and higher in the sky. i rolled over, feeling around for daryl, but he wasn't there. I opened my eyes, looking at the empty spot, seeing that he was gone.

I leaned back, resting my body on the bed frame as i brought one knee half way to my chest. I sat there for a moment, looking out the window. I was still naked, getting up and deciding to get dressed before someone walked in. I grabbed a burgundy shirt from the closet, along with some black jeans.

I put on a belt, and buckled the gun holster to the side. Placing my gun inside of it as i put on combat boots, tying the laces.

*knock knock*

My eyebrows furrowed as i walked downstairs, answering the door to see Gabriel standing. "how are you feeling?" He asked as he made eye contact.

"better." i answered.

"good. We need you." He said walking down the stairs.

I closed the front door, walking next to Gabe as he explained everything to me. Beta was coming, but i already knew that. He was bringing the horde, and the group had to think of a plan.

"we think Beta is gonna be leading the Horde to Oceanside. Need to keep watch of it." Gabriel explained.

"okay. Who's coming?" i asked.

"You'll be going with Aaron and Alden." Gabriel glanced over at me.

"where?" i asked.

"scout. Keep track of where the Horde is going. anything changes call it in." Gabriel continued walking as the two men came into view.

I nodded my head approaching Aaron and Alden as they waited patiently for me to arrive.

"ready?" Aaron asked looking at me.

"gotta be." i answered back.

"good. Let's go." The three of us walked away.

Alden glanced at me, He still wasn't a big fan since part of him still blamed me for the death of his girlfriend, Enid. I only saw her one time, but never had the chance to speak to her.

She seemed kind, and good-hearted. Definitely didn't deserve to go out the way she did.

The three of us stood on top of a tower and we glanced down through an opening, seeing Beta standing on the balcony with three Whisperers.

I quickly moved my head away, seeing that beta turned to look in my direction. My body froze quickly leaning against the wall, Aaron and Alden staring at me.

"did he see you?" Aaron asked without using his words, instead pointing to his eyes and mine, but i knew what he was saying.

I slowly shook my head no, my heart was pounding in my chest. I haven't seen Beta since he tried to kill me. He's just as bad as Alpha.

Aaron waved come on as Alden and i followed him, leaving the tower and trying to not get caught.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

The three of us stood behind a bush, covered with trees and long grass we looked down at a large open field. The Horde was moving again after leaving Alexandria. Gabriel got everyone out and took them to Grady Memorial Hospital to camp out.

"Gabe you there?" Aaron asked.

"yes, we copy." Gabriel responded.

"They're heading toward Oceanside as expected." Aaron looked in the distance.

"okay, any sign of slowing?" Gabe asked.

"Not yet. We'll stay on them. See what they're doing." Aaron clicked the button and spoke.

"If anything changes we'll send word." i spoke into the walkie-talkie.

"Copy that. Be safe." Gabriel said back.

"You too. Over." Aaron said before placing the walkie-talkie back in his pocket.

A sigh fell from my lips the three of us stood there a little while longer, watching the horde for any changes or seeing if they would slow down like Gabriel had mentioned, but they didn't. They kept going along with whatever plan they have.

"let's go." Aaron said as he started walking, me and Alden following him into the woods.

Everything was quiet, no walker, no horde or whisperer in sight. Not even a squirrel could be seen. The silence made me feel uneasy as i looked around, making eye contact with Alden he furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"what is it?" He asked as he stopped walking.

"just feel uneasy." i looked at him. 

"your wound?" Aaron asked as he stopped.

"no. something feels off." i looked around some more.

"yeah, i've been feeling that way too." Aaron stood next to me and Alden.

"gotta keep movin" Alden started walking again.

I hid behind trees, watching the horde when it came into view again. Slowly inching forward as Aaron led the way again. "still no sign of slowing?" i asked hunched over and kept walking.

"no." Aaron looked back.

"you really think it's going to work, this plan?" Alden asked as he followed.

"has to. Doesn't it?" Aaron looked at him.

"thought things would be easier after Alpha was dead." Alden crept up.

I stopped, standing behind Aaron and Alden, seeing that something was off about the situation. "what?" i asked.

"they're changing direction." Aaron stood there looking at the horde.

"Call it in." Alden spoke.

"it's no good." Aaron said putting the walkie-talkie back in his pocket.

The three of us turned around to run off, being greeted with several whisperers as they circled around. A worried expression grew on my face i looked around at Aaron and Alden, seeing they were worried too.