Trust (40)

y/n Martin

y/n Martin

Daryl and i made it home to the kids, but i couldn't stop thinking about the news i had yet to tell him. The thought flooded my mind uncontrollably.

I watched as he took his shoes off, placing them against the wall so they were ready to be worn the next day. He had no idea his life was about to change.

"what's that you were gonna tell me?" Daryl grunted while drinking some water.

Part of me hoped he would have forgotten, so i'd have a little longer to figure out how to tell him the news.

"i uhm.." I hesitated for a split second.

I didn't know what to do or how to do this. I was scared. Daryl stood there looking at me, waiting patiently for me to speak up.

"i'm.. i'm pregnant." I blurted out.

Silence quickly filled the room as daryl stood there unsure of what to say. His eyes looking all around as he thought about it. The change in his body language told me he was nervous, scared and honestly feeling too many emotions.

"pregnant?" Daryl asked softly.

I nodded my head before looking back up at him. A small smirk appeared on his face as he slowly approached me. "we're gonna figure this out. Together." Daryl said as he rested his forehead upon mine.

"i hope so. We don't exactly have much time left anymore." I looked up at glossy blue eyes.

"what do you mean?" Daryl asked confused.

"i'm four months." I held his hand.

"i'm gonna kick Sebastians ass for sendin' us out there." Daryl said getting pissed.

"no, you know that's not a good idea." I looked at him.

"Nah.. He sent you out there. Risked our lives.. risked our babies life." Daryl threw his arm up.

"i know. i know.. but Mercer already said that's a fight we wouldn't win." I approached daryl, trying to calm him down.

Daryl shook his head as he walked back and forth. "i'm okay. The baby is okay. That's all that should matter." I gently placed my hands on his cheeks, leaning in and kissing him softly.

Judith and Rj walked into the living room, rubbing their eyes as they saw us. "what's going on?" Judith asked.

"everything is okay Jude, sorry we woke you both. We just got home from workin is all." I kneeled down to hug both kids.

"okay.." Rj hugged back.

"how about we go back to sleep? Daryl and i are pretty exhausted." I looked at daryl.

"don't gotta tell me twice." Judith yawned.

"yeah. Me either." Rj agreed.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪