The Storm (7)

I walked out of the living room, attempting to go back to my room finally making it there, and slamming my bedroom door in the process

                   I walked out of the living room, attempting to go back to my room finally making it there, and slamming my bedroom door in the process. I was pissed off at my father, hearing yelling his footsteps quickly coming down the hall. Knowing i had made a mistake by slamming the door shut.

"you think you're gonna slam the goddamn door?!" father bursted through like the FBI. "get out!" i yelled back.

"you need to be taught a lesson, little lady!" father said grabbing my arm so tight i knew there would be a bruise the next day. He slapped me across the face, and threw me onto the floor, smacking my head onto the carpet. "you little shit!" He yelled as he bent down grabbing me again.

          i shot awake almost hyperventilating as i tried calming down, telling myself it was just a bad dream. I looked around seeing that it was morning. I started crying, not because my father, not because of the dream, but because of what happened to Henry. To everyone else.

He was a good teenager, very sweet with a good head on his shoulders. I wiped my tears away and decided to get dressed, i knew winter was coming so i put on jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a coat and a beanie.

                I went outside, seeing others gathering things around while i sat at a table alone. Fiddling with my fingers. I looked over to see daryl placing a plate of food in front of me. Snapping me out of my thoughts for a moment, and bringing me back to reality. "make sure you eat something." Daryl walked away giving a soft smirk.

I blamed myself for the death of Henry and all the others that were killed.

I picked up the fork, trying to eat eventually taking a small bite, but it made me feel sick trying to force myself. My thoughts flooded my mind more and more, maybe i should've stayed away like Michonne told me to.

                The Kingdom had gone down hill and fires broke out when the pipes didn't get fixed. All the people that resided at The Kingdom needed to go to Hilltop for shelter. Eventually leaving as the gates opened, every horse and buggy they had was being used, the children were inside the bigger one to keep warm, a few people rode on horses while the rest walked.

Daryl walked next to me as we all made our way down the street, there was a field to the left with a few Walkers. "is that them?" a man on a horse said. "people watching us, huh, haven't they done enough to us?" he continued.

I didn't know what to say so i just looked at him, his girlfriend Enid was one of the victims, I only saw her once— she was beautiful, short brown hair that reached her shoulders with deep brown eyes. "why don't you lay off." Daryl said back. The man kept looking at me, eventually turning away.

"it's fine, they blame me and they're right. It's my fault." i walked next to daryl.

"don't mean they get to talk to you like that." Daryl looked over.