Waves (9)

You

You

HOUR 14

After going over Alphas border there's been a constant wave after wave of Walkers. We all have been killing them all day, making it to hour 14, this is her, this is Alpha.

A whole day had passed, and the waves just kept coming— everyone was exhausted from the constant fighting, not being able to catch a long enough break. I wiped my forehead, cleaning off the blood, and sweat as i took a deep breath, seeing all the walkers were dead, but i knew there would be more.

I walked off, getting some water, and washing the rest of the blood off of me, not wanting to smell the stench of rotting flesh. I sighed, and looked around, seeing others do the same thing, they were exhausted too.

HOUR 49

keeping watch while the others took a break while they had the chance to, but it didn't last long, grabbing the binoculars that were placed on a stand.

I looked through them to see another wave of walkers coming, but this time it was bigger. I sighed in annoyance and frustration, seeing the dead make their way towards the gates of Alexandria.

I alerted the others, climbing down from the lookout post and helping them. One walker after another fell to the ground lifelessly, plunging my weapon into their skull. The heat of the sun made exhaustion creep up on me even faster.

"how long until the next wave?" Michonne asked.

"one hour from the North, Two from the south. Northern wave's thicker than a flea on a farm dog, but the Souther's more dispersed." Eugene answered.

"we can't push them much further." Daryl joined in.

"i have eyes." i looked.

Daryl looked back at me with a blank expression. I felt bad for giving him an attitude, but i couldn't help it, i was annoyed and irritated, and deeply exhausted.

"i'm sorry, i'm just tired." i looked at him.

"we all are." Daryl responded, placing his hand on my shoulder. I saw movement in the corner of my eye, looking up to see a whisperer approaching the gates.

"daryl, Michonne. Heads up." i told them. The three of us walked to the person standing next to pikes that were made in front of the gates.

"North border now. lay down your weapons and wait."

"wait for what?" daryl asked annoyed.

"her." the girl walked away.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

Everyone packed into the church, the leader and council sitting at a table together while people started chitchatting. "is this your mother?" Michonne asked. "i wouldn't doubt it." i answered truthfully.