New Varient (44)

y/n Martin

y/n Martin

I held Rj close to my side, frantically looking around for daryl, and Judith as people panicked, running all over the place. Rj held a tight grip around my waist, fear in his eyes.

"it's gonna be okay." I looked down at Rj. There was so much screaming. I tried yelling for daryl, but it was doing nothing. He wouldn't be able to hear me over all these people.

A sharp pain jolted through my stomach, letting out a grunt. "not now. Please not now baby." I placed my hand on my baby bump. "where's uncle daryl?" Rj said nearly crying.

"i don't know." I shook my head, trying to get the young boy to safety. Rj grabbed my hand and we jogged together into a building, quickly closing the door. I sat down on a near by chair, trying to catch my breath, the pain slightly worsening. I had no idea what was happening, but i was terrified. I wanted to cry, but i needed to stay strong for Rj.

_

Things finally dialed down some, almost everyone was off the street, all the walkers had been killed. The pain in my stomach was still there, but not as bad. Maybe just braxton hicks again, i lost track of how far along i am now.

I went back to the apartment with Rj, accidentally bumping into Rosita in the process. "y/n?" she looked at me.

"Rosita. have you seen daryl?" i asked.

"yeah. He's at the church." Rosita nodded.

-

"it's me. Open the door." Rosita spoke outside of the church. The door flung open, Rosita walking inside. Daryl stood there, looking over at him with a smile on my face. I was so happy to see him again. I was so tired i didn't even care to hear what was going on. Daryl wrapped his arms around me, and i just wanted to sleep.

"get some rest." Daryl nodded.

I nodded back, holding my stomach as i walked away, going into one of the rooms. "she okay?" Rosita asked. "i hope so." daryl answered back.

It felt like a couple hours had gone by, but who really knows. The pain in my stomach was almost gone, but it made its appearance every once in awhile. Daryl told me Sebastian was dead after being bitten by a walker. I wasn't too surprised since it was bound to happen at some point, i just wondered what this meant for us.

Pamela blames Eugene for the death of her son, and for that we're all gonna have to pay. "you okay?" daryl grunted. "yeah. much better now." I nodded.

"you looked like you were in pain." Daryl looked a little worried.

"i don't want you to worry." I looked up at him.

"you're my girl, the mother of our baby. I'm gonna worry bout ya." Daryl stood in front of me.

"i was having a little pain, but it's gone away now." I told him truthfully.

"glad you're okay." Daryl pulled me in and left a gentle kiss on my forehead.

A slight thud was heard, daryl and i parting from each other as he walked to one of the rooms. I wanted to know what that noise was so i decided to follow him. "tired of standing on the proverbial sidelines." Eugene spoke while walking towards daryl.

Daryl moved in front of the doorway more, not letting Eugene walk past him. "you'd be wise to step aside hoss. No need for this to get ugly. Very well." Eugene began rolling his sleeves.

I tried holding in my laugh, seeing daryl's reaction, and seeing how Eugene thought he'd ever be able to take daryl in a fight cracked me up. Eugene clears his throat and holds up his fist, waiting for daryl to make a move. They stare at each other for a moment the awkward silence filling the air. "go ahead." daryl moved over. Eugene lowered his fist and walked forward slowly but soon stopped.

"you're not trying to stop me." He spoke.

"you're not going." Daryl looked at him.

"i'm a coward." Eugene walked back and sat on a chair.

"no. You're smart." I nodded.

"i'm a liability. Always Relying on others to survive, counting on their courage due to a dearth of my own. Hell, only way i bucked natural selection was my penchant for prevarication... Means lying" Eugene looked over knowing we both didn't understand that last part.

"i figured." Daryl nodded.

"i'm ashamed to say it was my discernible skill. You think people are born brave? or do they become it?" Eugene asked.

"both." Daryl and i walked away.

The sharp pain was back again only it was much stronger this time. "ow ow." I bent over. Tears filled my eyes from the pain i was now feeling. Something wasn't right. "babe." daryl ran to my side. "somethings wrong." I cried.

"lay down. I'll get Rosita." daryl quickly walked away.

I laid down like i was told, holding my stomach in the process the pain worsening. I tried to breathe through it, but it felt impossible.

"Rosita." I looked seeing her walk toward me.

"hey. hey. I'm here. It's gonna be okay. Daryl told me what was going on. I think you're in labor." Rosita kneeled down.

"what?" I said with fear.

"Daryl i'm gonna need some towels, and water. y/n let's get your pants off." Rosita turned to me again.

The pain grew worse, almost to hard to bare. Rosita placed a cool rag on my forehead, but i was still warm. The pain causing me to sweat.

"ughhh i can't. i can't do this." I cried out.

"you can. It's all gonna be worth it." Rosita looked me in the eye.

"i'm here baby." Daryl held my hand.