Lines Crossed (8)

you

you

It's been a few months since the snow storm, Everyone was doing better much now, but alpha and the whisperers are still out there.

they're still a threat to all the communities. People still weren't a big fan of me, still blaming me for everything. Daryl and i got closer the past few months, He trusts me more now, and i trust him, Carol and michonne have my trust, and i have theirs.

I never saw myself finding people, let alone communities full, it was much better than being alone all the time. Daryl was at Oceanside with a few others while i stayed at Alexandria, reading while other kids were being taught some school.

It was nice to see they still gave the children an opportunity for an education even in a world like this. Before the woman could finish her lesson a few others walked in, "should she be here for this?" A girl looked at me. I got up and stormed out, making my way outside where i grabbed a staff, and started swinging it around, practicing what Henry had showed me.

"hey, what's the meeting for? and why are folks giving you the side eye?" i heard a familiar voice say.

A couple men held onto my arms, leading me into a building, looking around to see a lot of workers and other people that looked as if they did the dirty work.

The two men were taking me to meet the boss, walking down a long corridor, and stopping in the doorway. I looked around the room with my eyes, it was nice and big. There was a bed, and two black sofas. "what do we have here?" A man in a leather jacket carrying a bat with barb wire asked. "The lady we found not too far out." A voice was heard.

"well aren't you smokin'" the man leaned back with a grim smile.

"whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"feisty, just how i like them. I'm Negan." The man placed his hand on me, signaling for the others to leave the room.

"you've got to be kidding." I whispered under My breath, turning around, seeing none other than Negan himself.

"hoooly shit." Negan smirked "i didn't think you made it after escaping my place." He looked.

"well here i am." I crossed my arms.

"still feisty i see." Negan smirked.

"as always." I stared.

"you know i sent men out looking for you? A shame our time was short." Negan smirked that same smirk he always does when he's being cocky.

I couldn't believe it, but here he was standing just a couple feet away from me. The man that caused me hell, He made me feel special, only to find out i wasn't the only one. I hated him for it, luckily things between the two of us never got too serious, and i left the Sanctuary before it did.

I knew of the things he did, and i wanted no part in it. He was still the same Negan, only he wasn't in control anymore— his leadership, and authority went to shit, but his personality is still fully intact. "what's with the meeting?" He asked again.

"they're on alert, someone found a skin." I crossed my arms.

"what's "alert" mean?" Negan asked.

"figure it out. you've been here longer, you tell me." I walked closer, scoffing in the process.

"it means watch your back." Negan winked.

Gabriel, Rosita, Eugene and one other walked out of the church, while i walked away from Negan, I knew something was going on, and kinda wished i could be apart of it, everyone thinks the whisperers are my people just because mother leads them, the only thing i want is my sister, Lydia.

She was just a teenager, no older than 17-18 it's hard to keep track of birthdays these days, but she's still my little sister, and i miss her. I just hope she hasn't been completely corrupted by Alpha, i could only imagine what lies she's been giving her.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

There was a loud boom, i looked up at the sky to see what appeared to be a meteor shower, Eugene quickly running past, everyone was at a standstill as they watched the sky, not knowing what was happening.

Eugene had left to Oceanside taking a few people with him, including me. Once i arrived Everyone ran towards the woods, seeing a fire had broke out. I saw daryl spraying water, trying to keep the fire from spreading. i threw sand onto the fire, it slowly dying down, but not enough.

"walkers!" Someone yelled. Daryl and i looked up, he grabbed an axe and started swinging it, killing the walkers. I stood alongside him as i stabbed with a long stick, trying to catch my breath in the process.

There were too many, and more kept coming, "that tree is gonna fall any minute!" Eugene yelled. Daryl grabbed my arm gently yet quickly, pulling me back, and away from the walkers coming toward us. I stood there— daryl throwing the axe at the flamed tree, causing it to fall onto the last of the walkers.

I wiped sweat from my forehead. i looked around, seeing that the fire had finally burned out. Daryl showed me where Alpha took him. He wanted to see if the horde was still there; they weren't. "i'm sorry you all have to live in fear again." i looked.

"we never stopped." Daryl grunted.

"i'm still sorry." i looked at him as we both stood on the ledge.

"come on it'll be dark soon." Daryl began walking away.

I was about to walk away with daryl when i saw movement on the other side of the cliff, down where there was another rock, and some trees. i continued looking down when i saw Alpha walk out. She looked up, and made eye contact with me. the two of us stood on opposite sides.

"y/n." Daryl hollered, getting my attention. I looked away, and walked toward daryl who was already a good distance away.

The two of us gathered things up, and went back to Alexandria, getting on daryl's bike since it was the fastest, placing my hands around his waist. "Faster." i told him.

"hang on." daryl said.

I held onto him, the bike picking up speed, eventually making it to the gates of Alexandria. i got off his bike, nodding at him before walking away and going into one of the houses.

- hey, everyone. hope you're enjoying the story so far! :)

xoxo