Bad Dream (10)

you

you

its been a tough couple of days, father always breathing down my neck for any reason, i decided to have a mental health day with some friends since they had plans to hang out together.

After a few hours making it home by 8:00pm, i walked through the front door, trying to creep to my room quietly.

"y/n!"  father yelled, "what?" i asked confused. I had just got home and dad was already freaking out on me.

"where the hell you been?" He asked irritated.

"i was with some friends." i answered.

"friends? what friends?" He asked as if he had no idea i even had any. "just friends." i said again.

"doin' what?" He asked demanding an answer. "We were just hanging out." i rolled my eyes.

"look at me when i'm talking to you!" father yelled as he smacked me across the face.

i shot awake, letting out a gasp and placed my hand on my right cheek, feeling as if the slap was real, breathing a little heavy i continued to sit there.

"you all right?" i heard a voice say, startling me slightly. "huh, yeah- i'm fine." i looked over to see daryl not knowing he was even there.

"It was just a bad dream.." i said softly.

"wanna talk about it?" Daryl asked.

"Another day

"Another day." i looked back over at him. He nodded his head, not wanting to force me if i wasn't ready yet, not wanting me to be uncomfortable or feel pressured either.

I got up out of the bed, going to the closet where i had some clothes, grabbing a pair of jeans and a shirt. "sorry, was there something you needed?" Asking him.

"just wanted to check up on ya." He nodded slightly and looked at me again, standing in the door way.

"oh." I nodded at him, trying to think of what to say. "well.. the people still don't like me. I don't blame them." i spoke.