Blood (34)

Daryl Dixon

Daryl Dixon

Leah and i made it to the house with the unknown man. Walking inside as we looked around, weapons in hand just in case the man tried anything.

He wasn't lyin.

"see, i told you the truth." The man said.

I looked down, seeing a woman holding her stomach with blood on her hands, and a young boy sitting next to her. The woman was weak, pale and tired looking as she sat with her boy.

"please don't hurt us." The man said before kneeling down to his wife, giving her a soft smile as she did the same.

"you need to take your son and run, don't ever come back here." Leah looked at him.

The smile on the man's face faded as he returned his gaze to Leah. The little boy said bye to his mother, getting up and walking away as he waited for his father to do the same. "i love you." They both said to each other.

"they were never gonna leave while i was still alive. I'm ready." The woman looked at Leah with sadness in her eyes, knowing she was going to die.

Leah stood there, pointing her gun at the woman as she closed her eyes, preparing herself for her final moment. Leah quickly lowered her weapon as she wiped a tear from her cheek.

She stood there for a moment, i knew Leah wouldn't be able to go through with it, and i couldn't leave her with that kind of pressure.

I pointed my crossbow at the woman sitting on the floor and let the arrow fly.

"what are you gonna tell Pope?" I asked.

"that you killed them. It'll be good for you." Leah stood there.

"Leah, there's something i need to tell you." I walked over to her.

Before i could say anything her walkie went off, Carver telling her we needed to head back ASAP, and with that we left the house.

We got back to camp, seeing walkers slowly approaching the walls. "spotted them an hour ago." Carver stood next to Leah.

"why are they moving like that?" Leah looked through binoculars.

"what about you, Dixon? you ever see rotters move like that?" Pope asked.

"yeah. Yeah, i've seen that before. South of here. Don't know why it happens." I looked through the binoculars again.

"i can lead them about 2 miles out, less work, less risk." I looked at Pope.

"yeah, less balls." Carver disagreed.

"we'll try it Dixon's way. Wells you think you can move those rotters?" Pope asked.

"yeah." Wells walked away.

"i can do it. I've done it before." I said just wanting a reason to make a good escape.

"we got a situation here." Wells said from the walkie talkie.