The Horde (18)

A couple weeks have gone by since daryl and i were injured. My wound was almost completely healed, the cut on Daryl's face was healed, but it would leave a small scar. The stab wound on his leg was starting to heal and he still had a bandage wrapped around it.

The two of us woke up in the morning, both heading down stairs after getting dressed, and having some breakfast which only consisted of some eggs and a tomato.

"how are you feeling?" i asked as he sat across from me.

"better. you?" Daryl asked, taking a bite of eggs.

"better." i took a swig of water.

"thanks." Daryl glanced up at me.

"for what?" i asked.

"savin' me." He looked at me bashfully

"of course. I couldn't just leave you out there. I care about you, a lot." i finished my food.

A smile slowly grew on daryl's face as he tried to hide it, only giving a little smirk. He grunted a bit at my words and took a drink of water then grabbed mine and his empty plates, putting them both into the sink.

"gonna head to Hilltop, wanna come?" Daryl asked, putting on his leather vest.

"yeah, got nothing better to do." i looked at him as he grabbed his crossbow.

I sat on the back of the motorcycle, holding on to his waist. Daryl went a little faster just how i liked it. He knew i wasn't afraid of the bike, not when i was with him, he knew i loved riding a little fast. "hold on." Daryl looked back at me as he sped up a little more again.

"already am." i smiled.

The two of us rode up just as the gates to Hilltop opened. The engine cut off when daryl came to a stop, letting me get off the bike first.
"any sign of them?" yumiko asked.

"didn't get that far." Daryl said as he got off.

"what do you mean?" Kelly asked.

"we can't go there. Alpha is coming." i looked at them as they stood there.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

A lot of people at Hilltop walked into the house, going upstairs to the office where a meeting was held.

"The skins could march straight to Alexandria for all we know." A man looked at me.

"yeah, we're in their way." Daryl joined in.

"she won't go around. She'll just run through you. She doesn't care. I left her to die when i saved daryl. She's not gonna just let that go." i looked around at everyone.

"all right, let's get the kids out first. Everyone pack up. We're goin' to Oceanside." Daryl looked at the people.

"grab food, water, weapons. Whatever you can. We'll regroup there." i walked away.

The children got taken into a carriage, so they would be safe and away from everything. It could be too dangerous for them to stay. They're just Children, and we didn't want them to be in the crossfire if Alpha was to attack, which she definitely will.

Daryl rode on his bike, leading the way as i rode on the horse and buggy. The road had been blocked off with a tree and some branches. A couple of members from Hilltop were hanging from a tree, growling as they had turned into walkers. "It's Negan. He's with her now." Daryl looked at me and the woman.

There was no other choice, but to head back to Hilltop, letting all the kids out of the buggy the adults taking them inside. "what happened?" Aaron asked as he walked over.