Cell (3)

"don't make me ask again

"don't make me ask again." the man looked while leaning against the cell.

       I sighed, knowing he was going to make me talk about it. Maybe he wants to get to know you better? I told myself, not knowing if that was actually true or not. "speak up." He said again. "why do you wanna know so damn bad?" i snapped, getting frustrated that he kept asking repeatedly.

It didn't take long to realize i probably shouldn't have said that, but the man didn't say anything. He just stood there, continuing to look at me, fiddling with his beard for a few seconds before putting his hand back down.

"your dad do that to ya?" The man asked.

"he did worse." I looked at him. 

"who did that? the marks came from someone." The man asked again, desperately wanting an answer.

"your dad. you said he did worse?." The man asked. 

"yeah.. he beat me, verbally, physically. He would lock me in the closet, leave bruises all over me.." I zoned out a bit finally answering the question.

"is that what you wanted to hear?" I snapped at him again. The man didn't say anything for awhile, i guess that meant he was listening, and waiting for me to say more. Which of course i did even tho i wasn't completely sure if i should tell him that much since i had only just met him, but for some odd reason i didn't care anymore. I just wanted to get it off my chest. Once i started to finally open up about it i didn't want to stop.

It almost felt good in a way to get everything out in the open, everything i've been holding in for years now was finally being lifted off my chest. Not that it would make me forget any of it, that was far from being the case.

"there's more, isn't there?" the man asked softly. His eyes looking down at me.

"he died. after the world went bad. It was just me, him, my sister and my mom." i looked at him.

"how did it happen?" He asked.

"Those..things. They came.. tore him apart.. Instead of saving him all i could do was stand there and think about all the pain he ever caused me. I let him die.." my voice broke.

"so let me ask you, if your dad's dead, who gave you those marks?" The man looked at me again.

"my mom." i answered. 

"where is she? is she gonna come looking for ya?" The man asked.

"she's dead too." i answered.