no other way (35)

Y/n Martin

Y/n Martin

I looked at daryl, seeing he was standing right in front of me after a walker had hit the floor. My heart sank to my stomach when he made eye contact with me, but i had no words, not right now.

"we gotta go." Daryl finally spoke.

"you gotta be shittin me, they're retreatin." Negan smirked to himself.

"but why?" Maggie asked as she looked up.

Suddenly fireworks flew past, hitting a walker clean in the eye, lighting it up like it was the fourth of July. We all scattered, trying to dodge the rockets in our path. Explosions went off making my ears ring as i ran off, going inside a building where i caught my breath. Negan walked through the halls, holding Elijah who had gotten injured.

The next morning i ran through the hall, looking at each door, but they were all locked. "oops, wrong turn." The young handsome man spoke as he wore a smile.

Elijah came out looking at the man that killed his sister. Negan following behind, the man brought out his weapon and began fighting negan first, then elijah, both of them not lasting long. I pulled out my knife, attempting to fight the man when he took a swing at me.

A burning sensation went through my face when the man punched me, knocking me to the ground. I groaned in pain as he stepped closer. "hey. over here." Negan said holding a bell and hitting the man with it. "well ding ding." Negan chuckled. I stood up, blood dripping from my nose, the side of my cheek being covered.

"stop!" Daryl yelled just before i could kill the man.

"don't kill him yet." Daryl walked over after knocking him out.

"you doing this for her?" i asked annoyed and out of breath.

"no. I'm not. I'm doing this for us. Leah wants us gone. But no more than saving her family, especially this asshole." Daryl pointed.

"No!" Elijah yelled.

"they will get what they deserve. I promise." Maggie finally joined in.

"Leah, it's me we need to talk." Daryl said getting on the walkie.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

The six of us walked together, holding onto carver as he was tied up. "come out!" Daryl yelled walking with carver. "what are you offering?" Leah asked.

"i see anyone, anyone and i kill them." Daryl spoke again.

"you expect me to trust you now?" Leah asked.

"yeah, i do." Daryl spoke.

"everyone out! Jenson the woman." Leah spoke in the walkie.

"fine." Daryl said cutting carver loose.

Elijah walked forward still wanting justice for his sister. Before Carver could kick Elijah he was suddenly shot in the leg. "Jenson what the hell?!" Leah yelled into the walkie. "nope. No jenson here. Call me Gabriel."

"drop your weapons and go." Maggie spoke.

"not without Carver." Leah stood there.

"No." Maggie whispered.

I stood there watching as Leah and Daryl looked at each other for a moment. I clenched my jaw as i looked at her again. "i'll see you soon" Leah told Carver before walking away."get up." Daryl grabbed Carver off the floor. I pulled my gun out, looking up and seeing Leah walking away with two other men, firing a shot and killing them both before aiming a shot at Leah, grazing her arm.

"y/n, No!" Daryl yelled.

"ahh. ahh." Leah winced as she ran off.

I turned back to see daryl running after me. Shooting a man in the head to finish him off as i walked back. "the hell was that?" Daryl asked pissed off. Carver laid there on the ground as i hovered over him, pulling the trigger only to have run out of bullets.

Carver attempted to grab his knife, kicking it out of his hands and stabbing him in the chest as he coughed out blood.

Once everything happened we all gathered the food up, preparing to take it back home to Alexandria. Maggie walked off on her own, there was something else she had to do. Find Alden where he had been left at the church.

The three of us sat around a fire, Elijah peacefully asleep by a tree. I rested my back on a different tree, fiddling with my hands while Daryl and Gabriel sat by the fire.

Maggie eventually coming back with sadness in her eyes. "Alden?" Gabriel asked. Maggie shook her head, trying to hold back tears. "Negan?" Gabriel asked. "he left." Maggie spoke softly.

Maggie walked over to Elijah while i continued sitting there, looking over at daryl to see that he was already looking at me. My heart broke knowing we were both mad at each other.

By morning we all arrived back to Alexandria, Judith and Rj running into daryl's arms. "uncle daryl!" Judith yelled.

Hershel ran to Maggie while Gabriel went over to Rosita and her daughter, Coco. I embraced my sister Lydia in a hug, being happy to see her again, knowing she was safe.

Carol walked over, helping to unload the carriage of food. "Hey, got something coming!" Jerry yelled. I looked over the gate, standing up in the lookout to see people with what looked like stormtroopers approaching the gate. "get ready!" Daryl yelled when suddenly Eugene came running out.

Eugene spoke about heading out to find more people which he did. A man named Lance Hornsby stepped forward to explain his community. Which only a few were a fan of what they were hearing.