Bloom (20)

A few days had past, waking up in the infirmary i looked around and saw nobody

A few days had past, waking up in the infirmary i looked around and saw nobody. I winced as i tried sitting up, slowly trying to get out of bed. "you shouldn't do that." A voice echoed throughout the room.

"how long has it been?" i asked.

"few days." Rosita sat down in the chair.

"what happened?" i asked her.

"Alpha is dead." Rosita sat back.

I looked at Rosita, furrowing my eyebrows together, her words repeating themselves in my mind as i continued sitting on the bed.

Alpha is dead.

The woman i used to call mom, the person that gave me life, raised me is now dead. Tears filled my eyes as i looked down at the ground.

I wasn't sure if i really wanted to know how it happened, but the curiosity of what happens now worried me more. Alpha being dead would make Beta take over. He's gonna want revenge for her death, and he won't stop until he gets it.

"i'll leave you be." Rosita got up and walked away.

"you know what this means, right?" i asked.

"yeah." She looked back before walking away.

I slowly put a new clean shirt on, gently rolling it down my waist. The wound was still sore, causing me to wince every so often. It hurt to bend over. I stood there, looking at myself in the mirror the thought of mom popped up, seeing a little bit of her in me.

I didn't want to feel it, but i did anyway. My mother was horrible to me, treated me poorly, never acted like she loved me, but her death still saddened me. Not a lot, but a little.

It was still enough, but i knew it was only a matter of time before i got over her death.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

The wind blew, a slight breeze blowing through my clothes every so often as i sat outside on the steps, looking around at the community.

It was finally peaceful for once. Everyone looked happy as they chatted with friends. No more worry in their eyes, just happy. Although i was worried, knowing Beta would show up soon or maybe he's already planning something.

A sigh fell from my lips as i repositioned myself, leaning back and resting my arms.

"hey." Daryl walked over.

"hey, redneck." i smirked.

Daryl grunted and sat down on the stairs, resting his elbow on his knees.

"how ya feelin?" He asked as he looked over.

"still a little sore." i answered truthfully.