Rest In Peace: Final (52)

y/n Martin

y/n Martin

Pamela was now locked up, although i wanted much worse for her, this was the next best thing to do. Everyone gathered in a house together, we had finally gotten Alexandria back rightfully so. This has always been our home, and we won't let anyone take it that easily, especially without putting up a fight.

River was crawling all over the place, sometimes she even tried to walk. Everyone was so happy to finally be back together, in our home. Food had been cooked, and set on the tables, there was wine to go all around. Kelly sat next to her sister Connie, chit chatting. Coco Sat in her high chair eating some food.

River was eating now as well. It felt so nice, comforting to see everyone. They were all happy, smiling. I haven't seen them like this for awhile now. It was a good feeling, hearing everyone laughing. We did good, and accomplished a lot. We got back our home, found our people, found our children while only losing a couple people.

I noticed Eugene looked sad while looking at Rosita. I knew he had feelings for her, but the way he was looking at her— this was different. This was something else other than the fact he loves her. I furrowed my eyebrows seeing as though he was trying to hold back tears.

Carol was laughing, Princess was laughing while cuddling with Mercer, Judith was doing better now. "hey everybody. A toast. To Luke." Yumiko held up her glass of wine.

"to Luke." We all said, raising our glass.

Rosita walked around, looking at everyone and smiling, but there was also something hidden, something about her that was different. I couldn't take it anymore, and decided to walk over to her, pulling her away to speak with her, still being visible to the others in the room.

"Rosita..can we talk?" I asked.

"yeah, of course." Rosita nodded and walked with me.

"did something happen? after finding the children? Eugene looked at you, there was so much sadness in his eyes." I looked at her.

Rosita looked down at the ground for a moment before looking back up at me. She leaned in a little close. "we were surrounded by walkers, trying to climb up a building and into the open window. I fell into the horde." Rosita began to explain.

"oh my god.. but..did you? you're okay?" I looked at her worried.

"i was bit. The shoulder." Rosita shook her head. My heart dropped out of my chest, i had lost my breath, tears streamed down my face.

"Rosita.. no. I'm sorry.. i'm so sorry." I cried.

"it's okay... it's okay." Rosita's voice broke as she pulled in me for a hug, making it appear to the others that we were just having a moment which we were, but it wasn't anything i was expecting. "does anyone else know?" I asked.

"just you and Eugene now." Rosita answered.

"that's why he looked so sad.." My breath hitched. I felt like i was going to break down, and start sobbing at any minute, but I knew i had to be strong for Rosita, knowing this has to be so hard on her. Knowing she will die, and nothing can be done, knowing she will have to leave her daughter behind after just finally getting her back.