CHAPTER 3

A new week starts, Yeji keeps her eyes on the door. She waits for Ryu to show up but even when the bell rings, he doesn't.

The first half of the day, Yeji keeps waiting for him. enjoying her lunch, Yeji keeps her eyes on the phone.

"seems like he does this often." Chaeryeong starts.

"how do you know?" Yeji looks at her.

"last week he left at lunch. Did you forget?"

"oh. right... if you think about it, he must be so busy." Yeji shrugs. "I'll tell you, he's a model." Yeji whispers.

"no wonder I've seen him somewhere." Chaeryeong checks her phone. "it's like he has multiple personality. He looks so warm in picture."

"right... that's why I'm interested. I just need time for him to notice me."

"I'll give you my support." Chaeryeong giggles. "looking at him, it won't be easy."

-

Yeji and Chaeryeong sits on the bench at the gym room, waiting for the PE class to start. Chatting lightly, they didn't notice that the coach is already gathering the students. They join the others sitting on the floor.

"Ryu! Join us." the coach looks at the door.

Ryu walks in. he then put his bag below a bench and joins them.

"alright. Let's do some warmups."

After about thirty minutes, the coach calls a few kids to help him taking out some basketballs.

"he shows up." Yeji smiles excitingly. "I didn't know he looks better in sweat like that." Yeji watches him drinking and chatting with his friends.

"you're a pervert." Chaeryeong nudges her arm. "he's good in any way."

"alright, kids. We're gonna do some drills. The girls can make a group of three and the boys too."

All of them starts to do what the coach told them too. after that, he starts to demonstrate how to do the drill. After some minutes, the coach starts with the girls.

"everything clear?" he asked. "if so, you can start. Who's ready?"

For about an hour of waiting, it's time for Ryu's team to go. As expected, the girls starts to go crazy over him.

"oh wow." Chaeryeong looks around. She then notices Yeji who's also cheering for him. "right..."

"what's the thing he can't do? he's so perfect." Yeji stares at him in awe.

"who knows." Chaeryeong said, keeping her eyes on the guys playing.

"great job, guys." the coach taps Ryu's shoulder. "you should join the sport club."

"I'm afraid I don't have enough time for extra activities at school, sir." Ryu politely smiles and walks back to his spot.

"okay, next!"

-

Ryu walks down the stairs with his friend, Jeong.

"so, your driver waits for you in the car?" Jeong asks him

"pretty much." Ryu replies.

They walk along the busy hallway with lockers on the sides.

BANG

They both heard a loud banging on one of the lockers. Ryu looks back and can see some girls surrounding another girl.

"don't get into something like that." Jeong whispers to Ryu.

Ryu can't believe that even in a good school like this, there are still kids who bullies others like that. he turns around and walk towards them.

When the girls sees him, they immediately stop what they're doing and starts to act nice. Ryu saw it all. He won't fall for that. a bully is still a bully.

"hey, Ryu. We're just playing with her." one of them said. Ryu looks at the scared girl leaning against the locker.

"what's your name?" he asked.

"Ju-Julia." She replies, looking down.

"Julia..." Ryu then looks at other girls. "leave."

"but she's our friend."

"leave. Now. don't show up in front of me, or her, ever again." Ryu said coldly. Then, he notices that students started taking videos of them. He sighs. To avoid further commotion, Ryu leave the place hurriedly and approaches Jeong.

"rare to see that." Jeong commented.

"someone had to do something, right?" Ryujin flatly said. "let's go."

-

Again, Yeji is still outside at the café with her friends.

"I know right? He's so brave."

"he can get attacked too. you know that her boyfriend is also a bully, right?"

"you mean that Lee Minho? I know. if he's nice, he can be as famous as Ryu." Yeji chimes in.

"well, whatever it is, I hope he's safe."

Yeji just nods. With that, they change to other light topic. Yeji spends her time in the café for about three to four hours max. her friends starts going one by one until she's left alone. She takes out her phone and plays with it while she prepares to go too.

Yeji walks out of the café, still looking at her phone to chat her driver. Not long after that, she smells something so good it turns her head to find the source. She sees a man walking past her, entering the café. She can't see his face since he's wearing a mask. Just by the smell, Yeji knows that he's gonna be handsome. She takes her time, looking at the guy. When he sits down, he opens his mask.

"Ryujin!" Yeji squeals a little. she then text her driver to wait a bit.

Going back at the café, Yeji greets Ryu who's playing with his phone. Ryu looks up at her.

"can I sit here?" Yeji asks.

"sure." Ryu replies. He's still on his phone though.

"why are you here at this hour?" Yeji looks at the time that shows it's already nine. "you're not working? Do you have a photoshoot today?"

Ryu finally looks up. at the same time, his drink arrives. He thank the waiter and put his phone back in his jacket. He put on his mask and stands up.

"I suggest you go home. It's late." Ryu then walks out of the café.

Yeji gets even excited. She chases him outside before he can get to his car.

"wait." Yeji stops his track by standing in front of him. she search her purse and pull out a small paper and marker. "can I have your sign? My sister really likes you."

"what's her name?" Ryu takes the paper and marker.

"Mina." Yeji smiles at him. she watches Ryu sign the paper and write something on it.

"here." Ryu then walks away.

Yeji is still stunned by Ryu's charm. His cold side somehow attracts Yeji even more than before.