CHAPTER 3

It takes longer and longer time for Ryu finally able to go to Singapore. He's lucky that there's a fashion exhibition and show there. Not only him, some of his models are participating.

"how long will you stay there?" Nayeon asked to her only son.

"I don't know." Ryu is nervous but also excited. The chance of meeting Yeji there is so small but he's willing to give it a shot.

"usually it's about three days, right?" Nayeon guessed.

"but I have... other things." Ryu said while dragging his suitcases beside the couch.

"what's your other purpose?"

"business." Ryu thought that Nayeon will scold him if he tells the truth. "I need to check up on something."

"okay." Nayeon smiles a little. she knows that Ryu is not telling the truth but she believed him anyway.

-

Yeji is accompanying her mother, hanging out in the backyard. Yejin has to use a wheelchair now.

"how's everything at the company?" Yejin asked.

"it's all great. Though, I think it's time to hire some new employees. Some of them are resigning and some other wants to find a new experience." Yeji looks at her phone.

"so you'll go back?" Yejin looks at her.

"yes. This time I have to be there to check on it directly." Yeji sighs. "dad said that the mansion is already sold. So, I can be in my apartment."

"alright. That's great." Yeji stares out at the pool. "when will you go?"

"tomorrow. I already booked a flight."

-

Two days later, Ryu prepares himself for the show this evening. He could set aside the thought of Yeji for a while but his subconscious mind couldn't. he can feel the nervousness arose. Yeji will be invited to this event, right? he thought.

"the car is ready, sir. Get ready to face the reporters." a staff informed.

Ryu just smiles and nods at him. his styling team are already at the last step of his makeover.

"alright. If things gets too hot, you can use this to gently dab on the sweats." They said.

With that, Ryu goes to the lobby with some bodyguards to keep his safety, of course. he greets all the reporters and made it easy to his car.

-

Yeji contacted Chaeyoung, asking if he can come back to work with her. luckily, he's more than happy to come back.

"are we going back to the company?" Chaeyoung asked, wearing his seatbelt.

"yes."

"how's Singapore?" Chaeyoung asked as he starts driving.

"it was pretty good. I kinda miss being here, though." Yeji smiles at him.

"oh, someone went to the mansion the morning you go. I don't know his name. he ran away after I told him that you're about to go abroad." Chaeyoung informed. I think it was the same man that I met at the mall few months ago."

Yeji's heart drops as soon as she realized that it was Ryu. She's so sure that she's speechless right now. did I just make a huge mistake? She thought.

Arriving at the company, Yeji goes straight to her office. As much as she wants to be productive today, she can't. her mind always travels to the thought of Ryu going to her mansion early in the morning just to see her again.

"miss?" her assistant noticed her tears that Yeji doesn't even know falls on her cheek. "I just want to let you know that based on what you informed us yesterday, here are the candidates that will be interviewed by you." he placed a stack of documents in front of her.

"thank you." she cleared her throat.

"are you okay, miss? The HR team will take care of it if you're not in a good condition." He offered.

"it's fine. I can manage." Yeji pressed a smile at him.

"okay, miss. Have a good day."

-

Instead of her own apartment, Yeji asked Chaeyoung to take her to her besfriend's apartment. After a moment of waiting, Jeong finally opened the door for her.

"Yeji?" Jeong rubs her eyes. "oh my god! Yeji!" Jeong suddenly hugged her.

"did you say Yeji?" Chaeryeong comes out behind him. "oh god!"

Soon, the three gathers on the living room.

"it's been a while, guys." Yeji smiles at them.

"months. you're gone just like that." Jeong emphasized. "what happened?"

"I thought I can get away from Ryu. I thought that's a good decision to make." Yeji opened up.

"was it helping?" Chaeryeong asked.

Yeji can't reply. It does help her a bit to distract her, but, deep down, she knows it bothers her.

"did you know that he came to your mansion the day you have your flight?" Jeong informed her again.

"I know." Yeji looks down. "do you guys know where he is now?"

"he's in Singapore for an event." Jeong replied casually.

"he what?!" Yeji shot her eyes open. "oh, shit."

"yeah. Oh, shit." Jeong scoffed. "so... are you here to see him or..."

"not initially." Yeji sighs. "when I found out that he came to my mansion, I really want to see him. I thought he gave up."

"oh, Ryu never know that word. Do you know how many times he asked me to meet up? it was all only to talk about you." Jeong responded.

"I told him to just go there and chase you, but, Ryu being Ryu, he listens to his mom." Chaeryeong added.