CHAPTER 10

For about a week, Ryu took care of things from Singapore. He also called his mother to update on things once in a while.

"are you ready?" Yeji walks down the stairs, looking at Ryu sitting with Yejin on the living room.

"yeah. I'm just gonna take care of this promotion really quick." Ryu said, standing up, still looking at his phone.

Yeji pushed the wheelchair up until the stair to the driveway. Ryu looks up from his phone and helped her. he put his phone in his pocket then picks up Yejin so he can get her to the car.

"Wonpil." He called. "get the wheelchair, please."

Shortly, they're on their way to a park.

-

"alright, we're here. I once had a shoot over there and I think this is a great place for a morning walk." Ryu said as he helps Yejin back on her wheelchair.

"I really love this place. Thank you, Ryu." Yejin looks up at him.

The three goes around the park, enjoying the morning air. There are a lot of kids and families running around the playground or just having a nice quality time.

"look! They have a baby." Yeji exclaimed, looking at one of the families.

"he's about four years old, Yeji." Ryu chuckles. "a baby is smaller than that."

"what if our baby is bigger?" Yeji asked innocently, looking up at him.

Ryu stares at her, dumbfounded.

"kids..." Yejin chimed in. "we can stop here for a bit." Yejin then looks at Ryu. "can you get us a drink from a booth over there?"

"right away, ma'am."

And so, Yeji and her mother are left alone.

"did he really go here for more than eighteen hours flight just to come get you?" Yejin asked.

"yeah. I actually never told him anything. he said it's luck to find me at the Merlion park." Yeji smiles, remembering the event.

"he really loves you." Yejin looks at her. "you made a right choice."

"I know that. I feel like I'm at fault to accept those other men. I feel guilty."

"we didn't know that you had something with him. that's why we're trying to help."

"so, what do you think?" Yeji hopes that she approved.

"oh, I like him already. But, your dad needs more time. he's still afraid that Ryu might not able to focus himself on you since he's a public figure. He must have a lot of work."

"I have a thought about that." Yeji looks down. "I already made up my mind to be with him. I really love him."

"he also has a lot of respect for everyone. So, we have to wait for your dad's approval."

"sorry it took longer than expected. I had to buy that kid a candy." Ryu sists beside Yeji. "he's too cute. I can't help it."

"I'm sure you both will have someone cuter." Yejin joked around.

Ryu choked on his drink.

"mom!" Yeji pouts.

"well, I hope so too, ma'am." Ryu followed along.

"alright. Let's go home, now."