CHAPTER 25

9 MONTHS LATER

Ryu is having quite a busy day at his agency. New models and artists are coming in, movie projects and commercials offer are too. he's stressed out since Yeji is expected to have the baby in about two days. Though, it can be earlier or later.

"the penthouse will be ready in a week, sir. Also, there are some schools that your mother recommended." Wonpil stands in front of Ryu's desk with some documents on his hand.

"thank you." Ryu reads through the documents briefly. "how's the helper? Did Yeji ask for anything?"

"she wants you to accompany her until the delivery."

"ah, okay. do we have any important schedules that we can't cancel?" Ryu massaged his temple.

"actually, most of them, sir. I already sort them out so you can have more free time."

"oh, no." Ryu sighs. "I think I need to take a break and focus on managing the agencies instead." Ryu looks at Wonpil.

"do you want to make an statement?"

"yes. After they're born." Ryu purses his lips. "I will make the statement tomorrow then I'll give it to you. publish them to the media."

"Roger that." Wonpil then excused himself.

-

Ryu comes home to Yeji eating ice cream on the couch.

"how's my baby doing?" Ryu walks towards her. he kneels down to then kiss Yeji's belly.

"they've been kicking around. I have to calm them down with this." Yeji picks up the ice cream.

"you can't wait to come out, can you?" Ryu chuckles, caressing her bump. "I will take a break from my career." Ryu looks up.

"what? Why?" Yeji furrowed her eyebrows.

"you said you want me to stay around. I want my child to grow up knowing me as their dad. a proper dad." Ryu holds her hand. "and I hope you do too. we both know how it feels to... be taken care of by someone else." Ryu smiles sadly.

"hm... I get it." Yeji pressed a smile. "how's the penthouse?"

"it'll be ready in a week." Ryu stands up. "I'll make a statement tomorrow. At least I can live like a normal person."

"go change. I'm tired."

Ryu take the ice cream from Yeji. He hurriedly put it back in the fridge.

"c'mon." Ryu helps Yeji walking back to their room.

Ryu decided to take a brief shower before going to bed.

"can you just wear your shorts?" Yeji asked.

"okay." Ryu stops midway. He put his shirt aside and get on the bed. "after I think about it, I want it to be a boy. I already have a name for them." Ryu cuddles her from behind.

"I want a girl, though." Yeji looks back.

"what if we have both?"

Yeji just chuckles.

"I'm just asking."

"go to sleep, babe."

-

Ryu is waiting for Yeji in the hospital. After a lot of reading, he learned a few things about labor.

"I'm nervous." Yeji holds his hand.

"relax. Take a deep breath. You can do this." Ryu rubs the back of her hand with his thumb. "sadly I can't be in this room later."

"you're not helping."

It's been five hours since her water broke and they came to the hospital. The doctor told them to wait until Yeji is fully open.

"eight." The doctor came back after some more hours, informing the other nurses. "monitor the contractions."

"how long?" Ryu asked.

"we're going to keep an eye on her. while that's happening, you may wait outside."

"already?" Ryu stands up.

"wanna say a few words? you have some time. they'll tell you when it's time."

"I love you." Ryu looks at him.

"I know. but I'm really scared right now." Yeji responded, refusing to let go of his hand.

"what am I supposed to do? they told me to go."

"stay here until they kick your butts out." Yeji said sternly.

"alright." Ryu gave in and sits down again.

-

Ryu fell a sleep for a few moments. Yeji accidentally hits his head since she's having a contraction.

"huh? What happened?" Ryu got lost for a sec. "oh shit!"

"since when you swear, dumbass! Get out!"

Ryu hurriedly stands up and gets out of the room. he still can see the busy nurses and doctor from outside the window. Seeing her in pain makes him guilty of asking for another child. He averted his gaze away from the view.

Ryu spends his time waiting and praying for his dear wife. He then opens his eyes once he heard a call.

"Mr. Shin?"

He looks up. his eyes sparks when he sees the nurse holding a baby in her arms.

"that's mine?" Ryu stands up. "are they a she?"

"she is." she smiles. "we're gonna move your wife to another room. please go to that desk to take care of the administration."

"can I hold her?"

"of course."

Ryu holds her carefully, looking at little face. He can see some features of Yeji in her. he then walks into the room, somehow forgetting about what the nurse said.

"Yeji." He called.

She greets him with a weak smile.

"we have a baby girl. just like you wanted."

"Minji." Yeji said.

"Minji." Ryu smiles at her, agreeing to the name. "here."

Ryu lowers her so Yeji can hold her.

"I love you, my little family."