CHAPTER 2

After some weeks, Ryu noticed that he's often going to Yeji's company. he doesn't mind, of course. It's just that before they met that day, Ryu usually go from city to city.

"so we're going there again? Did they make a contract or something?" Ryu got curious.

"no, sir. It's just like other single booking that other companies do. they just did it... quite often." Wonpil looks at him from the rear-view mirror.

"next time, ask them to make a contract. For a year or two. Last time I checked, we rejected the one from vegas just because they pay us more." Ryu sighs. "I don't want you to look at the money. Please consider the quality."

"we're sorry, sir."

-

Well then, Ryu just does his job like the usual. despite the trouble, Ryu still enjoys the shooting. Their brands are good too but sacrificing some better brands just for the money is not really Ryu's favorite.

After the shoot, Yeji come by the studio. She often did that but without Ryu knowing. The reason that Yeji chose Ryu to be her regular model is just... she wants to see him.

"hey, Ryu." Yeji greeted her after he got off work. Yeji stays past her work time at the company just to see him.

"hey." Ryu greets coldly, then turns to Wonpil. "let's go. We have other things to do."

"I'll get the car, sir."

Seems like Yeji talked to Wonpil before Ryu came. He then walks out first leaving Ryu and Yeji alone with some staff that's still working.

"you still have a shoot after this?" Yeji walks out with him.

"of course." Ryu looks at his watch. "you wanna say something?"

"not really. I just wanna catch up on you." Yeji takes his hand suddenly. "I kinda miss you."

"I have no time, Yeji. We can meet up next time." Ryu take his hand off of Yeji's. "don't you have a boyfriend?" Ryu thought it's inappropriate for Yeji to act like this.

"I... do." Yeji looks down, pouting. "but we're still friends, right?"

"we are." Ryu then remembers something. "since I get to talk to you directly, if you wanna book me to model for your products constantly, please, make a contract. I have other companies that deserve more exposure than yours."

Yeji understands that he talks professionally about this. she can't be selfish and book him whenever she wants.

"okay."

"if I have time, we can meet up casually. You don't have to do this." Ryu sees her sad face. "I really need to go." Ryu smiles a little. "go home. I'm sure you're supposed to be off work."

Yeji sighs. She can only watch him walk away.

-

After a few days, Ryu finally had a break for a week. He still loves playing games and reading before going to sleep. Yuna is still going strong with Kai, and the mother, Nayeon, is still busy with shooting.

"you're not out tonight?" Ryu watch Yuna sits on the couch behind him. "you feeling okay?"

"I'm good."

Ryu tidies up his console. He's been playing for about three hours anyway. He then sits beside Yuna.

"have you eaten yet? You look tired." Ryu caressed her head.

"I have. Kai is busy." Yuna leans on Ryu's shoulder. "that's why I don't go out that often."

"is it bad that I think of it as a good thing?"

"I don't know." Yuna sighs.

Ryu noticed that his sister is not in a good mood.

"go change." Ryu had an idea to take Yuna for a little ride around the city. He stands up and go to his room.

Quickly changed, he goes back to the living room. Yuna is already there, wearing a hoodie and shorts. Looks like she didn't change.

"let's go."

Ryu and Yuna enters the car. Driving not too fast, Ryu just wanted to cheer Yuna up.

"are you sure you're okay?" Ryu glanced at her. "I know I haven't been around that much. I can adjust my schedules so I can be with you more."

"it's okay. Thank you."

"oh, do you have any painting events? I haven't seen your work." They're on a highway, already. Ryu sees that Yuna is looking out the window. He somehow remembers Yeji. Well, that's not what's important right now.

"I don't have any inspiration. I'm sorry." Yuna looks down.

"don't be. I know how hard it is to find it." Ryu then lowers their windows. "I know I can't replace dad. I just wanna make sure that you're happy. With or without him." Ryu sighs. "I'm trying too."

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you." Yuna looks at him. "it's a little empty without you nagging and asking questions."

"so you miss me?" Ryu glanced at her again.

Yuna smiles at him then stifles a laugh.

"what?" Ryu questioned. "It's okay if you do."

"if course it is."

-

Yuna falls asleep on the way back home. Ryu decided to stop by a café to buy something for her since she loves baked goods and coffee. He quickly parks his car and enters the café.

"can I get an iced latte and two of your chocolate cookies to go, please?" Ryu stands in front of the counter.

"right away, sir. Please wait."

Ryu walks towards an empty table and sits down. he plays with his phone to kill time.

"I can't believe I meet you here."

Ryu looks up to see Karina with a cup of coffee in her hand. She sits down in front of him. Ryu is still silent. Karina looks better now. she's always good looking, of course, but, it seems like she changed.

"are you sure we can meet?" Ryu asked.

"I'm not in that agency anymore." Karina smiles.

"oh." Ryu nods a bit.

"are you free this weekend? Since I'm a bit free, we can meet up again somewhere."

Ryu remembers that he promised Yeji that they'll meet up when he's free. He thought that he haven't got the chance to know Karina better. On the other hand, he lowkey wants to catch up on Yeji.

"I'll make time."