CHAPTER 9

The four ended up in Ryu's penthouse. This is all Jeong's idea. When he knew that Yeji have been there, Jeong became jealous. He's his first friend but never get to his house.

With endless choices of wines, Ryu let each one of them to take one home.

"I knew you're richer than you look." Jeong sips his wine.

"there are people richer than me, Jeong. These all are my dad's, anyway." Ryu too, sips his wine.

"since it's still early, why don't we do a movie marathon?" Yeji suggested.

"do you have any other hobbies? Seems like you like movies so much." Chaeryeong jokingly mocking her. "well, then. I have nothing against it."

"that's boring." Jeong rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna play some games first. You guys can have your girls' time or whatever." Jeong already keeps his eyes on Ryu's PS5. "you in?"

"sure."

While the boys are playing, the girls goes to the guest's bedroom. They still haven't unpacked their things that they bought earlier.

"did you buy something for yourself?" Chaeryeong looked at what Yeji takes out of the bags.

"oh, yeah. I have this dress, shirt, and... that's it." Yeji smiles at her. "all this will be for Ryu."

"he can spoil himself, Yeji." Chaeryeong chuckles. "I can never do that to Jeong. He'll ask for more and more stuff."

"at least he makes money, right?" Yeji throws her a smug smile.

"he's good with that." Chaeryeong got shy. "anyway, why did you still chasing him? it's been years and you have a... supposed boyfriend."

"my dad insisted. Hyunjin is good at businesses. Maybe he wants me to learn from him."

"wait... you're pretty, he's nice with everyone, he denied all dating rumours. What if he's gay?" Chaeryeong gasps, covering her mouth.

"are you shitting me right now? there's no way he's gay. Shut up."

"well, I'm just saying."

"oh no. what if he likes Hyunjin instead?!" Yeji starts to get dramatic.

"now, you're the one talking nonsense."

-

"did they fell asleep?" Jeong realized the time. he also yawns since he's a little sleepy. "we should sleep here."

Ryu stays silent. He's never been in a sleepover let alone held one.

"yea? At least you won't be lonely." Jeong scoots over to Ryu.

"clean this up." Ryu gets up and start gathering the cables and consoles. Jeong's habit of drinking coke when gaming makes the whole living room messy.

"can you check on them? It's late. I think you should take Chae home." Ryu said casually, walking towards the kitchen.

"so we're not having a sleepover? Or... you just wanna have some freaky time with Yeji?" Jeong teased him.

Ryu just shakes his head, not able to respond his bestfriend. After drinking some water from the fridge, Jeong shows up again.

"they're asleep."

Ryu then checks the time. of course, they are. It's 11pm.

"fine. You'll sleep upstairs with me." Ryu walks towards the living room and sit on the couch. Soon, Jeong joins in.

"yo. With a face like that, how many girls have you dated?" Jeong turns on the TV.

"two? There are many rumours but I don't know why." Ryu swirls his glass of wine.

"bullshit, dude." Jeong nudged his arm. "are you really? Two? If I were you, I'd get as much as I like."

"as if it were that easy." Ryu scoffs.

"you're not gay aren't you?" Jeong leans back a little.

"what are you talking about? Of course, not." Ryu looks at him weirdly.

"even if you are it's okay. I still love you." Jeong suddenly hugs him.

"okay you can let go, now." Ryu pushed him gently.

"alright, pal. Good luck with Yeji. I'll go to sleep." Jeong stands up, pats his shoulder and goes upstairs.

-

Ryu is not that tired since he basically had nothing to do. so, he stays up watching a movie alone, still, with his wine. Actually, he's been trying to tire himself by watching movies.

Hearing the door opened, Ryu gets startled because it's already dark and the only light that's still on is the standing lamp beside him.

"why are you still up?" Yeji rubs her eyes. her attention gets distracted when she saw Ryu. She sits beside him and leans on his shoulder. She's still sleepy.

"I um... I can't sleep." Ryu said awkwardly. "you?"

"I forgot." Yeji closed her eyes. "you feel nice."

There's a brief silence between them. Ryu doesn't know what to do with Yeji leaning on him and Yeji is too comfortable.

"oh right. I'm thirsty." Yeji stretches then casually walks to the kitchen.

Ryu let out a long sigh. He then turns off the TV. Walking past the kitchen, he notice that Yeji is just sitting peacefully at the dining table, holding a cup of water.

"are you okay?" Ryu approaches her.

"oh! I'm totally fine!" Yeji shows him her signature wide smile. "your penthouse is nice. I can see the city lights from here."

"are you gonna go back to sleep?" Ryu asked.

"I think I'm good." Yeji is no longer sleepy. "you're the one that supposed to be sleeping."

"unless I have any activities that tires me, I'll be able to sleep hours ago." Ryu sits in front of her.

"so you're just trying to sleep now?"

"I'm gonna stay here a bit." Ryu purses his lips. Honestly, Ryu wants to give the girl a company. she might not show things to him but somehow he knows that she needs it.