CHAPTER 12

"oh. I thought you already talk to him about our... discussion?" he asked Nayeon.

"I can't force him, Jungseok. If he made a choice, it would be certain." Nayeon explained.

"you want me to marry her?" Ryu raised an eyebrow.

Then, a knock was heard. Yeji and Wonpil walks in with some bags on their hands.

"good afternoon, ma'am." Yeji greeted. "... and sir."

Yeji saw the girl from the mall. She suddenly feels uneasy.

"ah, here she is." Ryu smiles at her. he walks towards her and put his arm around her shoulder. He leads her towards the bed. "I think you guys already met each other."

"let's just go, dear. He made his choice." Mr. Cho grabs Miyeon's hand.

"oh, thank god. I'm glad you're back with your ex. Congrats! I'll see you at the agency." Miyeon winks at him. she and her father then leave the room.

"so you're the girl that made my son goes nuts." Nayeon looks at Yeji. "I don't know what happened between you two but I'm glad that you can work it out."

Yeji looks at Ryu who's now flustered by what his mother said. She smiles shyly at Nayeon.

"I'm happy to be here, ma'am. Not that I'm happy that you're in the hospital, but be with your son. I'm wishing you a great recovery." Yeji talks clumsily. "I bought something for you and Ryu. He refused to eat knowing that you're ill."

"they already gave me my lunch. You guys can just eat."

Ryu and Yeji sits on the couch. Ryu starts eating whatever it is that Yeji bought.

"eat well..." Yeji pats his head. she can see that Ryu's ears turns red. "I didn't know you like to be babied." Yeji chuckles.

"I'm embarrassed. not in front of my mom." Ryu sulks. "don't you have something to eat too?"

"that subway really filled me up. eat all these." Yeji shoved more food towards Ryu's side.

"so how long did you guys get close? Since high school?" Nayeon asked.

"we were very close... as a friend." Yeji replied. "but I had a crush on him. a big one. Since he's busy with his job, I can't really get close to him in that way."

"so suddenly, out of nowhere, Ryu asked for my permission to go to Singapore to pick you up. I guess he likes you that much." Nayeon let out a small laugh. "what did you do there? Any business?"

"my parents are retired. So, I spent my time with them there. I still take care of my business here." She explained.

"that's great. Will you stay here or go back to Singapore?"

Yeji looks at Ryu who's still eating.

"what?" Ryu asked with his cheeks full. He then looks at his mother. He quickly finishes his meal and take a few gulps of water. "I didn't hear you."

"where will we live?" Yeji asked.

"wherever you want." He simply said. "we have some properties, right?" he looks at Nayeon.

"it's all yours. Your father wanted it like that." Nayeon smiles at him.

"great. I'm gonna let her choose." Ryu cleans up his trash and throw it away. "I'll stay here. Did the doctor said anything?"

"they'll keep me here for four to five days."

"I'll get you to your apartment. Then I'll stay here with her. I will visit your place, don't worry. you can still go to work too. you still have your driver's number, right? or should I hire a new one?" Ryu planned out things on the spot.

"Ryu..." Yeji placed her hand on his lap. "I'll be fine, okay? I'll take care of my things. I'll be the one who'll visit. Just tell me if you need anything."