CHAPTER 16

Unlike the night before, Ryu wakes up first. Also, his turn to wait for Yeji to wake up. Ryu gently tucks her hair behind her ear. That made her sleeping face fully exposed. He takes his time to caress her head softly, then going down to her cheek.

"good morning." Yeji smiles, still with her eyes closed. "I have nothing to do today."

"I have a few hours before my schedules. When do you think we should take care of the wedding?"

"whenever you're free." Yeji turns to lay on her back. "it's okay if you wanna reschedule some shootings. Take your time."

"usually you'd rush things."

"marriage is not something that you should rush. I want this to be perfect." Yeji smiles at the thought of it. Especially when Ryu is the one at the end of the isle.

"that's good. I.. we will make this perfect." Ryu needs to work on his habit of working alone.

"I don't wanna leave this bed." Yeji looks at Ryu.

"it's okay." Ryu shrugs. "then, I'm gonna make us some food."

-

After finishing their meals, Ryu and Yeji hangs out at the living area. Enjoying the movie, their time got interrupted by a bell.

"oh! that must be my console." Ryu hurriedly runs to the door, startling Yeji.

Soon, Ryu comes back holding his set of PS5 with his widest smile. He has some extra clothes as well.

"I never made you smile like that." Yeji raised an eyebrow.

"is been forever since I've touched this." Ryu walks towards the TV. "wait, I'm gonna set this up."

Yeji waits for Ryu to set up his console. It's the first time for her to see his childlike behaviour.

"you said you have schedules." Yeji reminded him.

"yes. I was waiting for this. now I'm gonna go prepare." Ryu rushes towards Yeji to plant a kiss on her head.

After some time preparing, Ryu walks out of the room already in his outfit. He checks himself one more time in the mirror.

"I'll be home early today. We might be able to have dinner together."

Yeji walks towards him to give him hug from behind.

"I probably will visit Chaeryeong. If I get bored." Yeji peeks from the side to look at him.

"sure. you hired Chaeyoung again, right?" Ryu turns around.

"yep."

"Alright. Be good, love." Ryu hugs her properly.

"love?" Yeji smirks, looking up at him.

"I wanna be romantic." Ryu said innocently.

"good luck at work, baby."

-

Yeji decided to just go to Chaeryeong's place. Right now they're just hanging out at the living room.

"so you guys haven't done any intercourse?" Chaeryeong raised an eyebrow.

"no..." Yeji just realized that her other two friends doesn't know about her assault. She knows that Ryu tries to respect that just in case she's still traumatized. "I can wait though."

"well, that's not a bad thing. Sex after marriage is good." Chaeryeong shrugs.

"but I feel like I still need more than just cuddles. I think what we have is still superficial."

"so you need sex?" Chaeryeong raised an eyebrow.

"no! I mean..." Yeji clears her throat. "we've known each other for years but we're not that deep into each other. We treat each other by feelings. Feels like we're experimenting."

"talk to him, then. easy."

"yeah, time is another problem." Yeji looks down. "we never talk about our feelings."

"at least you guys know what you like and don't, right? take it easy, Yeji. He'll open up to you." Chaeryeong smiles softly. "wait... what if he has a problem with his thing?"

"why the hell did you think that?!" Yeji slaps her arm. "that's impossible. I've seen it... towering."

"whoa, don't spill the size."

"you're a pervert." Yeji chuckles. "really, though. I'm still a little freaked out but it's appealing."

"but you called me pervert? Listen to yourself."

"okay, let's talk about something else."

-

Ryu walks in to Chaeryeong's apartment after she let him in. greeting his girlfriend with a smile, he sits beside her, giving her a light peck on the cheek.

"you guys having fun?" he asked. "Jeong hasn't come home?"

"he's working late. I'm used to it, no worries." Chaeryeong smiles.

"yes, we're having fun." Yeji replied to his other question.

"I told Chaeyoung to leave. I'll drive you home." Ryu informed.

"you're not with Wonpil?"

"I've sent him home too. I suppose we can spend more time together." Ryu smiles at her.

"well, I think our time to go." Yeji said to Chaeryeong.

"tell Jeong I said hi. Seems like he's really busy." Ryu stands up, followed by Yeji. "have a good night."

The two drives home in a slow pace. It's been a while since they've done this.

"what did you do today?" Ryu started.

"nothing much. I go over the documents then I got bored, so, visit her." Yeji looks at him. "you?"

"it's pretty packed, but I don't wanna come home too late so I made a lot of effort to get the best shots." Ryu smiles at her. "oh, I forgot about our honeymoon. Should we decide now or after the wedding?"

"we can have it anywhere, right?"

"yea, sure."

"France? Maldives?" Yeji said excitingly.

"okay. I'll take care of that." Ryu glanced at her. "I'll have a schedule there. You can come along."