CHAPTER 8 (TW)

Yeji and Minho are on their way to dinner. Somehow, Minho acts nice today. Yeji can't help but gets a little flattered. That still doesn't change what she thinks about him, though.

"I'm in a good mood. Don't ruin it." Minho looks at her then back at the road.

Soon, they've arrived. Minho booked a place and they start their dinner casually. Yeji had a good time over all. this is the only time that she sees Minho being a gentleman. She's able to talk lightly to him.

"you're acting kinda weird?" Yeji said sipping her wine.

"I told you I've changed. Well, I might brag about some things but that's just something I can't change. I see you're having a great time." Minho shrugs. "I can be good too."

"yeah, I don't buy that." Yeji continues eating.

Minho just smirks. He too, enjoys his meal.

-

Ryu is on his way home. Again, he's already drained from his schedules today.

"would you like to come by at some place, sir?" Wonpil asked.

"do you think it's too late to visit Yeji?"

"it's better to call beforehand, sir. Maybe she's already asleep." Wonpil suggested.

"right."

Ryu takes his phone. there's no texts from her which is unusual. He decided to just call her right away. Sadly, no answer.

"can we just go there?" Ryu feels uneasy.

"of course, sir."

Ryu taps his foot nervously. Maybe he's just overthinking stuff. He tries to take a deep breath and just assume that Yeji is asleep. But, he still has to go just to make sure.

It took about twenty minutes before he finally stops in front of Yeji's driveway. He comes out of the car and knocks on the door. A maid opened it. She looks nervous and scared.

"what's wrong?" Ryu asked. He's getting bad feelings. He walks in quickly, running upstairs.

Ryu swallows a big lump on his throat. Getting closer to Yeji's room, he can hear a girl scream from the inside. With his quick reflexes, he bursts the door open.

Minho is on top of Yeji. She's only wearing her shirt that's also opened halfway. Ryu rushed towards him, grabs his collar form behind and throws him off of the bed. He grabs him again by the front collar. A hard ball of fist lands on Minho's cheekbone.

"I told you I have my way, Ryu. She'll bear my child." Minho stifles a laugh, as if not bothered by the whole event.

Ryu gets on top of him, keeping him from moving. He takes his phone, dialling an emergency number.

"yes. I'd like to report a sexual assault." Ryu looks at Minho dead in the eyes. "Lee-"

Minho swiftly slaps away his phone. he didn't think that Ryu will act this responsive.

"LEE MINHO!" Ryu screams to his phone that's already far from him.

Minho couldn't care less about Yeji. He switched their place so Ryu is now below him.

"you just wait, bastard. I won't let you get away with this." Ryu gains more power. He can hear Yeji sobbing on the bed. Ryu pushed him away. "the longer you're here, the more they'll find you." Ryu drags him across the room, gets him up on his feet and pin him against the wall. "you better stay away before I do something that's beyond your nightmare." Ryu can hear his trembling breath. "believe me when I say that you can't run from this. Mark my words."

Ryu used his brain. He moves back, letting Minho go. He quickly gets his phone back. turns out, the call is still connected.

"hello? Do you want to make the report?"

"get me connected to Detective Chris Bang from NYPD." Ryu stands beside the bed. He can't bear to look at Yeji. His heart can't take it.

"wait for a moment, sir."

Ryu takes some space before sitting at the edge of the bed. Soon, he's connected to Chris.

"hello, Chris. I need your help. I have a report of SA. I'm about to call a doctor for immediate examination." Ryu starts rambling.

"okay calm down first. Talk slowly."

"just make a report God dammit! I'll gather the evidence and I'll send it to you as soon as possible. Please." Ryu grabs a handful of his hair frustratingly.

"okay. I'll get my team going. They'll help you with collecting the evidence. You need to stay calm. Please take care of the victim. We'll handle things for you."

"thank you so much. I'll pay double if I need to." Ryu hangs up the call.

He finally can put his attention to Yeji. She's still shaking, sitting, and curled up hugging her legs on her chest. Ryu grabs a bedsheet to cover her body. He did that carefully and gently.

Yeji unconsciously leans towards Ryu, resting her head on his chest. Ryu gladly embraces her in a warm hug.

"I'm here, Yeji. I'm here." Ryu rest his head on top of Yeji's.

"please. I don't want my mom to know. the world to know." Yeji said weakly.

"you can trust me on that. I just need to gather some evidence just in case."

Yeji nods slowly.

"is right now okay? I promise when everything is done, you can have all the time you want." Ryu looks down a little.

"can you stay with me?"

"of course." Ryu then contacts his doctor to send someone for the exam.

-

Ryu stays in the room along the examination. He didn't see anything, though. He made sure that Yeji feels as comfortable as possible. Once it's done, he meets the doctor outside of the room.

"thank you for coming. Sorry that I made a sudden call." Ryu scratched his head.

"I'm a woman. You did the right thing. I can understand what you did. but, most importantly, you need to give her a lot of support." The woman smiles at him. "I'll make a report as fast as I can and contact you."

"I have a friend from NYPD that's gonna take care of this. I'll email you the details so you guys can gather the evidence properly." Ryu informed.

"okay. Have a good night, sir."