CHAPTER 2

Ryu finally went home after his schedule. Expecting to see his mother, he goes straight to the dining area. Just like his guess, Nayeon is sitting at the dining table.

"how's the interviews?" Nayeon smiles at him, looking away from her ipad.

"it was great." Ryu unbuttons the top of his shirt, fanning himself.

"I think I should rest now. it's your time." Nayeon said.

"okay. I'll take care of things." Ryu smiles at her. "how old when you and dad got married?"

"I was twenty-five. Jeongyeon was twenty-eight. You're not thinking about it, are you?" Nayeon eyed him.

"no, of course not. I'm just asking." with that, Ryu knows that he won't be in a romantic relationship in the near future. This bothers him since he wants to go further with Yeji.

"you better make yourself comfortable being alone. Romance won't last forever." Nayeon pursed her lips. "once you got enough for your old age, for your future kids, you can start thinking about that. I really want you to be ready." She smiles a little. "if you think we're already loaded when we have you, you're wrong. We both worked harder than before to get us where we are. You're enjoying our hard work already. I want your kids to have better. Okay?"

"alright." Ryu nodded. "I'm gonna rest. See you tomorrow."

-

Ryu finally meets Wonpil again. A week after his arrival, Wonpil goes back to work.

"good to be back, sir." Wonpil looks at Ryu from the rear-view mirror.

"did you work somewhere else?" Ryu starts a simple chat as he drove.

"still under your family, sir. I was driving for the CEOs. One call away." Wonpil chuckles.

"that's great." Ryu smiles.

"so the movie will come out in a year?" he asked.

"yeah. They told me it's a slow progress."

"I can't wait. The first trailer has been uploaded and I'm thrilled." Wonpil shows his support to cheer him up. working with him for years made him know his feelings just by looking at his face.

"the shooting was fun. Sad that I had to go at the end. I'm not the main role, anyway." Ryu stifles a laugh.

"little steps, sir. I know you will get that in the future."

-

Yeji had to go to her other companies. Her father insisted that it's time for her to know the others as well.

"Chaeyoung." Yeji called her young driver. Her old one is already too old. Her father always does a rolling to his workers.

"yes, miss?"

"let's have fun at the mall. I'm tired of looking at offices." Yeji sighs. Her head hurts after hours of reading reports, numbers, and letters.

"but we have one last place to go, miss." Chaeyoung smiles a little. "it was a sudden request."

"from who? They should've informed me too, right?"

"I can't really argue, miss."

And so, they drove again. Yeji who felt relaxed that she can go home, bend her smile upside down, knowing she has another appointment.

Instead of a building or a company, Yeji sees a high-end restaurant. Honestly, she's never been here before.

"do we have a meeting with a client?" Yeji asked.

"I'll drop you off here, miss. Have a great night." Chaeyoung can only smile.

Yeji huffs. She walked out of the car and just go straight into the restaurant.

"good evening Ms. Hwang." Almost all the waiter greeted her.

Yeji furrowed her eyebrows. One of the waiters leads her to the upper floor.

"you may walk straight from here, miss." The waiter stops at the entrance.

Once she stepped in, she noticed that the whole room is empty, except for one. A candle can be seen from where she's standing. The further she walks, the more she knows who's the man waiting for her.

Ryu bounces his legs, sipping his wine already. He looks to the side. He found Yeji walking towards him with a bright smile. Ryu quickly stands up and pulled out her chair.

Yeji gladly sits on it.

"what's the occasion?" Yeji's eyes follows him, going back to his seat.

"I just thought that we haven't been able to spend some time together." Ryu said, not able to stay in a long eye contact.

"aww... that's so sweet! They even greeted me back there." Yeji said excitingly. Yes, she may be tired, but Ryu gave her something that make her happy.

"so, how's today?" Ryu chuckles a little.

"I was supposed to go home. But then Chaeyoung told me that I have to go somewhere, which is here. I'm happy, of course. I'm still tired, by the way. I'm hungry too." Yeji smiles at him. "he won't even tell me that you planed all these. I almost snapped at him for not letting me go home."

Just then, the food arrived.

"let's eat, then. if you're still hungry, you can order more." Ryu starts eating after Yeji dug in.

"are you kidding? You think I eat a lot?" Yeji pouts.

"well... yeah. You don't?" Ryu held in his laugh.

"you're mean." Yeji continues eating.

"I'm joking, Yeji. Even if you do eat a lot, I wouldn't mind. You're still..." Ryu is a bit shy, nervous to be exact. "perfect."

"oh, stop." Yeji stifles a laugh, looking down. "aren't you too romantic? Do you have a crush on me now?"

Ryu sighs. Everything seems so easy for Yeji. Confessing, expressing her feelings, acting on her will. It's all easy for Ryu when it comes to work, but love? It's something that he really need to work on.

"I know, Ryu. Don't hold back. you know I've waited for you for years to make a move." Yeji wants to have a fun night. So, she lighten up the conversation. "also, I'm kinda jealous that you did an act with Jennie. Looks like she's into you or something."

"that's nonsense. We're just acting." Ryu looks at her, confused.

"at least you can kiss me first." Yeji sulks. She knows she sounds like an immature adult but that's just how she thought. "well, we kissed eventually."