PHASE II: AWARENESS

CHAPTER 1

2 YEARS LATER

Ryu and Yeji are busy with their own activities. Ryu is not getting less busy with long list of schedules and Yeji... well, she's learning both in college and directly at the company. it is one of her father's and Yeji is supervised by her father's brother, the CEO that will be replaced by her.

"Are we done? I also have assignments to do." Yeji stares at the paperwork on her desk.

"ah... is that so? I forgot what it's like to be a student. Feel free to do your assignments here." The man sits on the couch, sipping his warm tea.

"yes, Heechul." Yeji holds her head. "I'm stressed out."

"you can take it slow. I know your dad won't go easy on you but I will. This company is the easiest to handle. I'm sure you can get the hang of it." He crossed his legs.

"I hope so." Yeji flips through the papers. "thanks uncle."

"you're welcome." He then stands up. "I'll check some stuff. I'll be back tomorrow and if you need to go, just call my assistant."

"okay."

-

Ryu enters the next company for a photoshoot. After his routine, he goes straight to the set. Wonpil stays on the set, looking at Ryu working like the usual. while he scrolls through his tablet, someone taps his shoulder.

"yes?" Wonpil looks up. "oh. miss." Wonpil stands up and bows a little.

"It's okay. Don't be too formal." Yeji giggles. "he has no idea?"

"ah... he just accepts any job. As long as it brings him joy, he'll love it." Wonpil looks at him proudly.

Yeji just nods and joins him in watching Ryu. As expected, Ryu is just as charming as he is usually. Maybe he's just born that way.

After some time, Ryu finishes his work. He walks in to the dressing room and changes his clothes briefly and comes out.

"Yeji? Are you modelling too?" Ryu looks at her, standing beside Wonpil who's offering him a drink.

"nah... I own the place." Yeji proudly said.

"oh, right." Ryu chugs down the cold water until it's half empty. "I already guessed. It's either you're modelling here or you're the owner." Ryu then turns his gaze to Wonpil. "modelling agencies are scouting, I heard."

"that's correct, sir." Wonpil smiles at them.

"I came here often. Just call me anytime if you wanna hang out." Ryu smiles a little. "I'll be going. I have another schedule. Take care, Yeji."

Ryu and Wonpil excused themselves. Yeji is confused. Ryu is not usually like that. last time he acted warmly is when he's at his fanmeeting.

Yeji walks back to her office, intended to grab her things and go. She's still thinking about Ryu, though. Seems like the things they did two years ago still left beautiful memories for Yeji.

"babe."

"hey, Hyun..." Yeji walks towards him, her boyfriend. Well, her father introduced them to each other. He said that he'll accompany her and will reduce her stress.

"ready to go? We'll have a gathering with Mr. Park, tonight." Hyunjin takes Yeji's hand, intertwining their hands.

"again? Do they held a gathering every month?" Yeji sighs.

"no...? last month was Mrs. Ha." Hyunjin then smiles at her, walking to the parking lot. Hyunjin doesn't like having a driver but he does have an assistant.

Yeji enters his car after he opened it for her. Hyunjin then follow along.

"can we at least eat first? Mr. Park never serves any food. Only desserts and drinks." Yeji said, putting on her seatbelt.

"oh, I was about to ask you. where do you wanna eat?"

That's one of the things that Yeji likes about him. he's considerate and always provide her with everything she needs and wants, that is without her asking. the last man that that does this is no other than Ryu. Well, if he's bolder, Yeji is certain that Ryu will act like this too. too bad that Ryu only sees her as a friend.

"whatever you want. I'm not feeling fancy."

-

Learning about performing arts, acting, and a bit of modelling in college really helps Ryu with his social skills. He's no longer timid in front of many people and it encourages him to face more people. His last work today is to attend a gathering with one of his mother's friends from another modelling agency.

"by the time you graduate, you'll be the one taking the agency. So I want you to meet some people." The mother put on her earrings in front of a mirror. "how's Yuna? I see that she's not painting anymore. I haven't seen her work anywhere on the blogs or internet. Does she plan on something else? Acting maybe?" the mother looks at Ryu.

"I don't know." Ryu never mention anything about Yuna's boyfriend or any other things about her private life. "she didn't say anything about acting or modelling either."

"then, what is she doing going out late?" she walks out of the house, followed by Ryu. "I hope it's something useful."

"I hope so too."

A short ride from their home lead to a tall building where the gathering occurred. The two goes up straight to the ballroom floor. Just when they stepped in, they're greeted by some reporters and paparazzi. Being professional, Ryu and his mother smile at them.

"Nayeon!" Mr. Park greeted them, leading them towards their table.

"good evening Daniel." Nayeon and Ryu sit side by side. "where's Jihyo?"

"she's over there with the Hwangs." Daniel, the one that held the gatherings, sits beside Nayeon. "I can finally meet your son in person."

"Shin Ryujin. Nice to meet you." Ryu extends his hand for Daniel to shake.

"you've been having some schedules for my magazines, right? I booked you for some promotions and monthly covers." Daniel gave him positive feedback.

"oh. thank you, sir. Looking forward to it." Ryu smiles at him.

"okay, I gotta greet some more people. Enjoy the night!"

Daniel left. After the waiter serves them some drinks, Nayeon decided to just walk around to talk to her friends. Getting left behind, Ryu just goes to the dessert buffet. He walks around, holding his glass, at some point greeting some models and businessmen that attends the gathering.

"hi!"

Ryu felt a tap on his shoulder. He looks back and see Yeji with a small plate of some sorts of desserts.

"hey." Ryu looks around. "are you alone?"

"I'm with... my boyfriend." Yeji looks at her table. Hyunjin is talking with the other guests.

"oh, good for you." Ryu smiles a little. "I think... I gotta go. Nice meeting you."