CHAPTER 12

Yeji visits Chaeryeong's apartment on this weekend day. while Jeong is still at work, Chaeryeong can hang out with her.

"but, what if he just hides it, Chae?" Yeji cups her face.

"it's getting too much. By now, what have you been doing to get his attention?" Chaeryeong tried to be realistic.

"well... we're still texting. In some days I waited for him in the studio." Aside from hanging out with Chae and Jeong, Yeji can't think of anything else.

"see? you guys are busy. Not only Karina works in the same field as him, they can adjust to each other. You? you still have college, a company to run, and things with Hyunjin. You need to stop." Chaeryeong folds her arms.

"I will not stop. If what you said is the reason we can't be together, I'll try even harder from now on." Yeji leans back on the couch.

"such as?"

"I don't know. come to his house? Get to know his mom? I just wanna let him know that I really try. Without looking desperate, obviously."

"you already look hopeless by asking him that day." Chaeryeong sighs. "besides... it looks like he didn't get that you like him that much. It'll be a bigger problem if he thinks of you as a fanatic."

"but I'm not. you know that."

"it's from the way you act, Yeji."

-

Ryu and Karina are getting closer each time they spend time with each other. Ryu himself is getting a lot more comfortable. He plans on introducing her to his friends.

They're now at Ryu's mansion. Since Karina knows how to cook, she often cook for him. today is not an exception.

"it's nice to have homecooked foods." Ryu said while eating.

"your mom never cook for you?" Karina too, eats with him.

"used to. Before my dad passed." Ryu smiles a little.

"I'm sorry."

Enjoying their meal, chatting lightly, they then can hear the front door opened faintly. Ryu peeks a little and see Yeji with a paper bag.

"oh. Yeji came." Ryu wipes his lips with a napkin. "I'll invite her."

"sure." Karina is more than happy to welcome Yeji. She wants to know his friends too.

Yeji has no idea that Karina is here. She sees Ryu walking towards her with a smile.

"I bought desserts." Yeji shows him the bag.

"perfect." Ryu takes it from her. "Karina is here. We're just done eating. Maybe you wanna join?"

Did I hear that right? Yeji thought to herself. She thinks that by just being here is useless. The initial plan was getting alone time with him but instead, she has to share.

"alright then. I'm just gonna go."

"are you sure? are you alone?" Ryu asked.

"yes. I drove here. Alone. From home." Yeji replied sternly.

"then why don't you join us a bit? At least it can make up your time driving here." Ryu insisted. "maybe you can get to know her and become friends."

Unbelievable. If Yeji can be straightforward, she can just say that both she and Karina wants him. be their boyfriend. How can someone be this dumb to know?

"fine. You insist."

Soon, the three sits together at the dining table.

"Karina made these. Give it a try." Ryu offered.

"I'm not that hungry." Yeji refused kindly. "sorry."

"it's okay. You brought desserts, right? we can share." Karina then prepares the desserts on a plate.

Yeji can see that the two really goes well with each other. Both are calm and really understanding towards each other. Maybe that what she lacks. All this time, Yeji wants Ryu to understand him but Yeji can't seem to understand Ryu's feelings.

"it's good. Where did you buy it?" Ryu asked her.

"you know Jeong's dad has a bakery? I asked him about what you like."

"I didn't know you have a cute taste." Karina smiles at him.

"Ryu!!!" Yuna's voice echoed.

The other three turns their head towards the entrance.

"oh..." Yuna feels a little awkward.

"Yuna! You're just home from school? Let's hang out." Yeji quickly stands up and goes to Yuna.

"what's up?" Yuna follows Yeji who's dragging her upstairs.

"exactly what I'm about to ask you." Yeji enters Yuna's room, closing the door.

"about them?" Yuna asked while changing her clothes.

"yeah."

"are you pissed?" Yuna sits beside. "well, that's not a question. You have a crush on him for like... ages."

"exactly." Yeji sighs. "what's up with them?"

"they've been hanging out for quite a while." Yuna understands that Yeji really wants Ryu. "he never told me about her, though."

"of course, he won't. seems like he's interested too."

"by the look of it, yes. He even posted something about it." Yuna calmly responded.

"I know, right!" Yeji is getting more and more frustrated.

"let me give you a tip." Yuna calm her down by grabbing her hands. "he'll get close with someone he sees often."

"I should've known." Yeji lowers her head.

"just come here often. I need a friend too. I'm not that close with her. though, she seems nice."

"okay, the problem is now I have to make time for him. to dedicate myself getting-"

"are you guys having fun?" Ryu peeks his head inside Yuna's room. he sees that Yeji has her fist up in front of Yuna. "I guess... you are. Well, there are leftovers you guys can eat." Ryu slowly gets out of Yuna's room.

Ryu walks towards his room. he too have a lot in his mind. This is the second time that Karina kept bringing up their relationship.

*flashback*

Not long after Yeji go with Yuna, Karina opens up a conversation.

"so... have you thought about it?"

"what?" Ryu looks at her.

"do you want to... go out with me?"

"oh..." Ryu slows down with his chewing. "I'm sorry, Karina. If you give me more time..."

"it's okay, Ryu. I understand." Karina smiles sadly.

"look, I don't have any intention to make you wait. It's just that I'm not ready to divide my time and energy. I have an agency to run with my mom and I still haven't finished my school. Then, I have to make another time for a girl." Ryu started to talk to himself midway. He lowers his head.

"I know I'm sorry."

*end*