CHAPTER 7

Ryu is currently on the call with his mother.

"so how long are you gonna spend your time there? The chance are small."

"just... wait, okay? trust me on this. I'll take my time." Ryu sighs, sitting on the couch.

It's been a week since Ryu came here and continuously visits the place where Yeji might be at. He came in the afternoon, evening, even at night, yet he haven't found her. not even a glimpse.

"don't neglect your agencies."

"I'm keeping things organized from here. I've talked to Felix often and other CEOs." Ryu constantly checks the time. "I'm gonna go get ready."

"alright. I hope this brings you something."

Nayeon hangs up the call.

"okay. this is the day, Ryujin. You will see her, convince her come home with you, wait... talk to her parents, then go home with her. easy." He said while preparing himself, checking himself in the mirror.

-

It's passed dinner time and Ryu have been standing at the same place he's at for these pasts of few days for more than five hours this time. longer than usual because he really hopes he can see her. Ryu leans on the fence facing the river.

Meanwhile, Yeji is walking with Mingyu at the food court area. a little far from where Ryu is at. The two planned on going back to Mingyu's restaurant.

"phew! I'm gonna make you your favourite milkshake. Mingyu runs inside his restaurant while Yeji sits down at her usual spot.

Yeji likes the spot because she can still enjoy the view of the river and the famous statue. After some time zoning out, she can see a man walking back and forth. Looks like he's' lost or something.

Yeji stares at him longer and realized that it is...

"here's your drink." Mingyu sits across from her. "the laser shows is over, I guess. But, the lion still lights up. pretty."

"yeah." Yeji averted her gaze to Mingyu then back at the man. Sadly, he can't find him anymore. She sighs. She knows exactly who he is.

On the other hand, Ryu entered his car with a sad face that he showed to Wonpil for a hundred times.

"are you sure you don't want to look somewhere else?" Wonpil offered again. He already said that for dozens of times.

"I know she's there, Wonpil. I just... I need more time."

-

Yeji tried to call Jeong and Chaeryeong to ask about Ryu. After two days, Yeji finally got connected with Chaeryeong.

"hey. I'm sorry. We've been busy."

"it's okay. I wanna ask about Ryu." Yeji is hanging out at her backyard. "do you know where he is?"

"I don't know. we haven't been in contact for weeks."

"oh." Yeji looks down. "I think I saw him here."

"where?"

"Merlion park. I'm sure it's him but I haven't been able to catch up."

"why?"

"I was... with a friend. Then when I want to go to him, he's already gone." Yeji sounds desperate.

"well... what else can I say? Maybe you should try and wait for him."

"I'll go again tomorrow."