CHAPTER 16

After a month, Ryu is still keeping an eye on Yuna's health. After talking to the doctor, Ryu found out that Yuna's case is still treatable. She just need to take care of her health. He also knows about the possible cause of the infection. Maybe because their father used to smoke around Yuna, or her ex-boyfriend's friends smoking around her.

"can I ask for something?" Yuna asked over a dinner with Ryu.

"anything for you." Ryu smiles a little.

"can you keep this from mom? I'm sure she's just gonna scold me."

"if you promised to be healthy again. This is something you shouldn't hide." Ryu sighs. "please. for the last time. tell me if something happened. I will not forgive myself if I lose you."

"you won't lose me." Yuna stifles a laugh. "I can say the same to you. you became private since dad passed."

"I'm used to it. Besides, nobody really interested in me personally." Ryu lowers his head.

"hey... that's not true. You have your friends. When's the last time you guys hang out?"

"I think..."

"ages ago. Right?" Yuna nudges his arm. "talk to them."

Yuna is right at some point. He somehow neglect the fact that he has friends. He's too busy with his own life until his brain only filled with work and business, not to mention his education.

"well, they did contacted me a few times. I'm afraid that they'll be busy too."

"you're making excuses." Yuna rolled her eyes. "whatever. At least I'm telling you something."

-

Jeong just got home from his bar. finding that Chaeryeong is watching TV, he sits beside her, resting his head on her shoulder.

"can you at least take a shower first?"

"I still smell okay." Jeong sniffed himself. "I kinda miss Ryu. Should we ask him to hang out here?"

"you tell him. I'll ask Yeji about it." Chaeryeong takes her phone.

"oh. speaking of... he already texted." Jeong informed. "I think we have a bond already. He read my mind from far away."

"seriously?" Chaeryeong chuckles.

"aye yo!" Jeong called Ryu. "just come to our apartment." He stands up, placing the phone between his shoulder and ear. "cool. I'll send you the address. We're gonna have fun... aight, see ya." He walks towards the kitchen.

"when?" Chaeryeong shouted from the living room.

"this Saturday." Jeong replied, walking back to the living room with a glass of bailey. "you want some?"

"I know it's not chocolate milk." Chaeryeong shakes her head. "guess Yeji and Ryu had the same plan. She's free this Saturday."

"I'm actually thinking of double date but seems like they're still... ya know.. being oblivious." Jeong sighs.

"well, it's clear for Yeji. Ryu is still close with that Karina girl."

-

Yeji rolls around her bed. Hyunjin is downstairs in the office. Since he father rarely use it now, he allowed Hyunjin to use it instead.

Yeji is smiling like a little kid knowing that in two days, she'll meet Ryu again. She wants to know what's going on between him and Karina now. hopefully they're still not having a relationship.

"phew..." Hyunjin came in, heading straight to bed. "finally... I can be a little loose with all this."

"that's what you said two months ago." Yeji turns to face him.

"these kind of things is not always stable." Hyunjin wraps his arm around her body.

"do you have something to tell me? I wanna make a move on Ryu. If you really like me then... it might hurt you." Yeji is impatient.

"suddenly?"

"no. I already know something about you." Yeji fixed his messy hair. "I'm sorry."

"well, I guess, Ryu will be lucky to have you. I wish I were him." Hyunjin scoffs. "I'm starting to get attracted to you. it still doesn't change the fact that I like men more. It's just... you're too precious. Lovable. I think you have things that they want."

"I think he's blind, then." Yeji sulks. "so you're not acting?"

"at first, yes. But then... as I said, I just can't help it. You're cute." Hyunjin smiles.

"okay. So we've opened up to each other. Eventually, we'll have to talk to our parents, right?"

"yeah." Hyunjin's expression changed. "good luck, I guess."

"don't be sad. Prove them that it's okay. This is who you are. Aren't you tired of hiding and pretending? I'm sure they'll understand." Yeji pats his arm.

"thanks."