CHAPTER 5

Ryu was right. he's late. Nayeon give him a stern look. Supposedly, she knows what her son has been doing. Ryu sits beside Nayeon at this training room. the evaluation has been started about fifteen minutes.

"I thought you know your limit." Nayeon whispered.

"sorry, mom." Ryu quickly kissed her cheek. "so... where should I start?"

"you already know my standards. Evaluate them." Nayeon gives him a stack of folders filled with the trainees' profiles and their improvements based on the trainers reports.

"okay."

One by one, the trainees shows their skills in acting. Ryu really evaluate them carefully, following his mother's standards. He might be a little harsh on them.

"re-take." Ryu commanded. "please change your attitude. Read the script."

Nayeon feels proud of him. she looks to the side, looking at him with pride.

"okay, ladies. Since my son is already here, I'll leave you guys with him. good luck." Nayeon stands up, pats Ryu's shoulder, then leave the room.

Ryu can hear some sighs of relieve from the trainees as well as small talks between them. Seems like they're much more relaxed.

"please focus on the evaluation. This is important for you to make it through the standards if you wanna have a great career in the future." Ryu looks around, eyeing the trainees.

Ryu then noticed one girl that seems to not have paid attention to him. remembering names is easy for him. he knows her.

"Cho Miyeon." Ryu called. "do you want to pass or not?"

"oh, I really don't need your permission." Miyeon glanced at him then look away again.

Ryu sighs. He knows that she's younger than him so he feel the need to be patient with the younger trainees.

"I'll get to you later. Let's just continue."

-

Yeji is enjoying her time chilling at the living room. accompanied with a pint of ice cream, she watches her favorite show.

"Yeji..." the mother comes out of her room. "aren't you supposed to be at the company?" she sits beside her.

"I already checked everything. Besides, I'm technically the president, replacing uncle Heechul and you. The CEOs are doing fine." Yeji keeps her eyes on the screen.

"that doesn't mean you can be careless about it. You need plans, strategies, just what to do in the future to raise the companies worth."

"I get that. I just don't think that it's needed right now. I know my stocks and investments, mom." Yeji then shoves a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"whatever you say, dear." Yejin smiles a little. "speaking of, does Ryu ever come here? I haven't seen him lately."

"lately? I feel like it's forever." Yeji sighs.

"is everything okay? he got busy doesn't he?" Yejin sure understand how that feels. Hyunbin used to be like that so she got busy with herself too.

"It's not really about that."

"he hasn't made any move?" the woman asked again.

"he's pretty unpredictable. He could be standing outside of our house right now or he could just take me somewhere. Other than that, he must be working." Yeji looks at her mother.

"you can take the positive side from it, right? if you want another option, we will find you someone."

Yeji did have some thoughts about that. she's just scared that it wouldn't go well like the previous ones.

"I'll give it a thought." Yeji looks down.

"great! I'll talk to your dad about it."

-

Unusual time for Ryu to be at the agency at this hour. He just found out that his mother intentionally reduce his schedules outside of the agencies and other business, hoping that Ryu can be more focused on them.

He spends these past of few hours to review all the trainees earlier. Right now, he stops at one profile.

"Felix..." Ryu called his CEO. "does our agency think about the trainees' attitude?"

"well, as long as they're capable to show their skills, Mrs. Shin will approve them, sir." Felix sits in front of his desk.

"do you know who she is?" Ryu shoved a document towards him. "she's quite arrogant for her average skills."

"average?" Felix reads the evaluation. "she's stuck."

"that's what I'm saying. I know that mom thought she'll have a great potential but with her attitude, I can easily remove her." Ryu eyes travels around the room, thinking.

"she had a lot of offer, though." Felix doesn't mind. "when we revealed our trainees, she's the one that has most offer. You just met her once, right? let's just see a little longer."

"I want you to really manage things properly. I hope she's the only one like that. report everything, okay?" Ryu looks at him.

"I'm sorry about that. I'll make sure we consider every aspect before recruiting."