CHAPTER 6

After elongating the ride home, Ryu and Karina finally arrived at Karina's apartment.

"thank you." Karina looks at him.

"sure thing." Ryu looks at her and it seems that she has something to say. "what?"

"can I have a hug?"

Ryu is contemplating. The last time they had a contact, the news went crazy. but, he's too soft to refuse her. he opens up his arms. Karina smiles at him and quickly wrap his body. They're in an awkward position but what matters the most for Karina is she can feel his warmth. Ryu knows that she lives alone. She probably needs this.

After some time, Karina let go slowly. They find themselves resting their forehead on each other's. Karina stares at his lips and so does Ryu. They both are drawn into each other, not realizing their lips are connected.

"I'm sorry." Ryu immediately pulled away. "I should get going. Good night, Karina."

Karina lowers her head, slowly getting out of the car.

"good night."

Ryu then drives away, not looking back one bit.

"why are you on my mind, Yeji?" Ryu was aware of who he's kissed but his vision is someone else. A vivid picture of his bestfriend.

-

Ryu came home late. He needs time to think about the previous event. Little things can take really occupied his mind.

"what are you doing still up?" Ryu sees Yuna on the couch, watching TV. When he gets close to her, he can see that her eyes are swollen and she's having a pint of ice cream. "are you fighting with him?" Ryu sits beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"we... broke up." Yuna said between sobs.

"when?" Ryu rubs her upper arm to calm her down.

"today."

Ryu sighs, resting his head on top of hers.

"did you... just hug someone?" Yuna sniffs his shirt.

"doesn't matter."

-

Greeted by his driver, Ryu enters his car this morning to go to the gym. His schedules starts in the afternoon so he has some time before that.

After spending two hours in the gym, Ryu walks out of the gym and waits for Wonpil. Just when Ryu enters the car, Wonpil looks back.

"what?" Ryu asked since his expression is serious.

"Han just told me that he recently need to take Yuna to the hospital, which she never did." Wonpil said with a concerned face.

"does he know what for? If it's like general check-up, then I don't need to worry. maybe next time I can accompany her." Ryu tried to keep calm.

"I'm sorry, I don't know anything else."

Ryu just leaned back. he'll check on her later after his schedule.

-

Coming back home, Ryu goes straight to Yuna's room. looking at the time, he's certain that she's sleeping. he walks towards the bed and sit beside her. Ryu can hear a wheezing sound from her but thinks it's just her snoring. Even though he never heard her snore before. She must be tired.

Yuna feels uncomfortable on her throat. So she coughs a few times, waking up from her sleep.

Ryu sees a glass of water on the nightstand and immediately give it to her.

"thanks." Yuna managed to finish the whole glass but still feel uncomfortable.

"are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine. My throat dried up." Yuna then goes back to lay down.

Ryu holds back to ask about the doctor's appointment.

"have a good rest." Ryu caresses her head then plants a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Ryu..."

"hm?"

"I'm scared." Yuna's eyes starts to water.

"I'm here." Ryu lays beside her. "whatever it is you're scared of, I'll stay by your side." He wraps her arm on Yuna's small waist.

Yuna snuggles on his chest, letting her tears out on his shirt.

-

Few days had passed, Ryu's schedules today is not as packed. He's able to come home a little early. Instead of an empty living room, he found Yuna and Kai having a conversation. Ryu is actually sick of him. not only he broke up with her, he also made Yuna stopped pursuing her hobby.

"good evening." Ryu walks towards them, sitting beside Yuna. "while I'm here, say what you wanna say."

"he already said a few things about getting back together." Yuna lowers her head.

"then?" Ryu keeps his eyes on him.

"I want to treat her better. I know I haven't been a good boyfriend for her but I want her to give me a second chance." Kai replied.

"I can't decide for her, right? so, what do you want?" Ryu looked at Yuna.

"I can't. I'm sorry."

"you heard her. you may leave." Ryu extends his hand towards the front door.

"please, reconsider. Listen to yourself, Yuna. Why do you always let him get into your head?" Kai said frustratingly.

"I'm not! you're always like this!" Yuna raised her voice.

"I don't want any fuss in my house. I suggest you leave. You give Yuna enough." Ryu stands up. "now, I'm glad that you two broke up."

"funny how you act like you know her that much." Kai scoffed.

"don't dare to put your feet inside this house. ever." Ryu walks closer to him.

Kai grabs his phone and walks out angrily.

"thank you. I realized that I've done something wrong."

"well, it seems like I'm the reason you two ended it." Ryu sits back down. "don't worry. you'll find someone better."

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. you must be tired." Yuna looks at him. he's leaning back on the couch, closing his eyes.

"you're my responsibility. I'm just glad that you're still in your art classes." He turns his head towards her. "what?"

"I have lots of things to tell you."