CHAPTER 5

"yeah." Ryu said to Yuna who just woke up without looking.

"good morning Yuna!" Yeji looks back at her then back to the pan. "ouch!" splats of oils lands on her hand. "I'm okay!" she said fanning her hand.

Ryu stifles a laugh. Yuna looks at him and nudges his shoulder.

"what was that?" she whispered.

"what? She's cute." Ryu then slowly looks up to Yuna. She gives him sly smile. "please don't take it the wrong way."

"you're such a player." Yuna giggles.

After some time, Yeji succeeded to finish her work. She quickly but carefully plates everything on the dining table.

"okay. Here's your... lunch." Yeji takes off her apron and put it back on the kitchen counter.

"looks good." Ryu looks at a pot filled with some kind of beef stew and stir-fried veggies on the side. He sits at the dining table, followed by Yuna.

Yeji happily served them the meal and sits beside Ryu.

Ryu takes a spoonful of the soup and taste it. If he wants to be honest, this is probably the worst lunch he's ever eaten. Not wanting to hurt Yeji, he tries to swallow the spicy salty liquid on his mouth. Obviously, it was hard for him to even force his tongue to push the unknown tasting broth in his eating tube. He quickly rinse it all with a glass of water.

"it's bad isn't it?" Yeji shows her concerned face.

"it must be. I can read his face." Yuna points it out.

Yeji then have a taste herself. Unlike Ryu, she immediately spits it out and drink from Ryu's glass.

"gosh! How did you even swallow that?!"

Ryu hides his laugh and stifles instead. With the maids around, Ryu can easily ask them to clean up her mess.

"it's all good. You tried." Ryu ruffles her hair. "let them prepare our meals."

"great. I'm hungry and a third-wheel." Yuna then shows her tongue, mocking Ryu.

"don't start, Yu."

-

Spending time watching movies and playing games together, the three now gets caught up in the movie. That soon interrupted by a phone ringing.

"sorry." Yuna stands up and runs upstairs while taking the call.

Ryu thought it must be from Kai. He sees that Yeji is still stuck to the movie.

"are you hungry?" Ryu asked her.

"are you?" she asked back.

"kinda." Ryu stands up and stretch. "I'll ask them to prepare the dinner."

Ryu left her for a moment. In the middle of finishing the movie, Ryu's phone rings. Yeji can't help her nosey self to peek at who's calling. It's Karina.

"sorry. I brought us drinks." Ryu looks at his phone. the screen lights up and he sees texts and missed calls from Karina. "oh right." he said to himself. "excuse me."

Ryu walks to the kitchen area, not too far from the living room. he then calls Karina back. he almost forgot that today they're supposed to go out.

"hey. I'm sorry I forgot. I fell asleep." He didn't know why he lied. maybe he want to stay out of trouble.

"it's okay. I have an idea where we should go, today. I'll send you the address and we meet there. See you, Ryu."

"ah, okay."