CHAPTER 3

Ryu visits Yeji's company today. After contacting each other a few days ago, they agreed to meet at the company then go somewhere. That is all actually Yeji's idea. Ryu asked about Hyunjin but Yeji always avoids talking about him.

"I'm sorry. I have things to check on. Especially when I'm gonna take over this whole thing. I need to know this building thoroughly." Yeji said as she walks towards the couch hurriedly.

"take your time." Ryu smiles at her as she prepares herself.

"okay. So... I told Hyunjin about our meeting. You don't have to worry about him. I do have to tell him where we're gonna go and what we do, though." Yeji checks her phone. "I already booked a restaurant that Hyunjin recommended. I haven't been there so I guess we can try. Also, I wanna show you a mall that my dad just bought."

"did you plan all that today?" Ryu raised an eyebrow.

"well..." Yeji looks at him. he still has that soft gaze that he always show when he listens to someone. "actually, since the day we agreed."

"tell me the name of that restaurant." Ryu takes out his phone.

"it's LeSserafim I believe."

"ah... that restaurant is good. It's my friend's restaurant." Ryu then calls that friend. "hey, Sakura. I thought you're busy. I'm gonna make it quick. I have a reservation in one of your restaurants and it's under Hwang Yeji, I believe." Ryu paused to listen to her. "is that so? Oh well, thank you, then. I'll go there instead." He then hangs up the call.

"wow... I think I wasted my time." Yeji lowered her head.

"she said that she just changed the chefs. I know her other restaurants. We can go there instead." Ryu smiles a little. he then stands up and look at his watch. "let's go. It's better if we come before dinner time."

-

Arriving at the restaurant Ryu leads Yeji inside. He greets the woman in the reception.

"any empty seats?" Ryu kindly asked her.

"of course, we have, Mr. Shin. Right this way." The woman then leans closer to him. "do you need a romantic spot? You can watch the sunset." She whispered.

"any spot is fine, ma'am." Ryu chuckles.

"I haven't been on the other restaurant but I'm sure this one's better." Yeji linked her arm on Ryu's. "we even get the second floor."

"I guess we're lucky." Ryu let go of her and pulled her chair. he waits until she's seated before going to his own seat.

"would you like to order the usual?" the woman offered.

"you also a regular? Hell..." Yeji sighs. "do you have any recommendations?"

"we have our pastas. We also have traditional food from Japan and Korea. Since the owner likes to managed the originality of our foods, we have our best chefs from Korea and Japan making the meal directly." The woman politely explained.

"that's awesome! I'm craving ramen." Yeji looks at the woman then to Ryu.

"just say what you want." Ryu smiles at her.

"hmm... I like the original so I'll just get that." Yeji smiles at the woman.

"for the drink, should I prepare your favorite wine?"

"that would be great. I'll order some more later."

When the meals arrived, they both starts eating. Ryu keeps an eye on Yeji to see her reaction. This is his favorite place after all. He noticed that her eyebrows are slanted from how good the food is. her eyes that focused on her bowl goes up to look at Ryu. He immediately looks down to his plate.

"can I come here every day?" Yeji stopped chewing, covering her mouth.

"sure you can. Take Hyunjin here." Ryu looks back up. "if you're gonna be here alone, call me. I'll check you in. you must be too busy to take care of it."

"really? You wanna do that?" Yeji widened her eyes.

"of course." Ryu smiles at her.

"alright. I'll give you a call."

-

Ryu checks the time. they both are on the way to the mall. Just like Yeji's plan.

"I think you know this mall too." Yeji pouts, looking at Ryu who's driving.

"it doesn't matter."

"are you gonna call the owner?"

"if the owner is your dad I won't call him. I probably know its previous one."

"hm... let's see if you know the owner of Xdinary Mall." Yeji challenged.

"ah... I don't know him that well." Ryu scratched his head. "I do have his number since I used to have a fan meeting there."

"that's not fair."

"I'm sure Hyunjin knows them too." Ryu glanced at her.

"well, he never told me anything about his friends." Yeji looks at him. "I don't know why. I just know about his family. Even that I know from my dad."

"that can happen." Ryu's eye stays on the road. He then heard nothing from Yeji.

"Ryu..." she called.

Ryu averted his gaze towards her, slowing down the car. Yeji is already looking at him. feeling like she wants to talk seriously, Ryu stops the car on the edge of the road.

"I'm really thankful for today."

Ryu can see her sincere tone and gaze. It makes his heart flutters at the sight of her like this. not only she's cute, the streetlights that shines on her makes her looks pretty.

"I do too." Ryu faced her fully.

"Hyunjin never take anywhere unless I asked him to." Yeji pouts. "so, today... I really appreciate what you do. also, he hasn't called me yet." She picked up her phone then put it down again. "might as well have this night for ourselves."

"that's not how relationship works. You have to talk it out. call him." Ryu suggested.

"I don't want to." Yeji stares deep into his eyes. "I'd rather stay here with you."

Ryu doesn't know what to say or do. if this is another form of confession, he will surely break another heart. He doesn't want to, though. He cares so much about her.

"you're funny." Ryu then starts driving again.

"I'm not joking." Yeji sulks, folding her arms.

Ryu just focus on driving. Other than not knowing how to respond, he too thinks about her feelings. Especially when she's technically with someone.

"I know Yeji. But, you have Hyunjin. This isn't right." Ryu sighs. He too, doesn't really have specific feelings for her.

"I know. let's just forget I said that. I wanna go shopping."