CHAPTER 6

While Ryu thought he could handle the long flight, turns out his body couldn't. he passed right away, still with his previous clothes. Usually, he'll sleep on flights that long but yesterday he couldn't.

"sir?" Wonpil entered the hotel room.

The type that Ryu usually booked is the presidential one. But if he's feeling a little fancy, he'll book the more expensive type.

"yeah just put them there." Ryu said from the bed with his arm covering his eyes.

"enjoy your stay, sir." Wonpil excused himself. "have a good rest."

Ryu's heart beats faster right now. he's so close to see Yeji again. To really prepare himself, he decided to sleep for the day.

-

Ryu wakes up to the sound of a bell. Turns out it's a room service.

"thank you." Ryu walks up to the waiter.

After he left, he take some time to eat just to fill his stomach. Then, he remembers about the social media thing. He has to download some again to 'track' Yeji.

Ryu waits patiently for a few minutes before logging in and then go straight to Yeji's account.

"that's... my hotel." Ryu noticed the Marina Bay Sands in the background of her recent photos. Ryu hurriedly finishes his meal, cleans himself, and go change.

After a long time of going down the hotel, Ryu can finally call Wonpil to pick him up.

"where, sir?"

"Merlion park."

Just in short time, they've arrived. Ryu immediately gets out of the car and go to the place where Yeji was taking the picture. after some time running and jogging, he finally stops at the merlion statue area. He takes a breather by leaning on the fence while looking at the rippling river.

"ah... so this is what you like." Ryu chuckles. Checking at the time, it's still 3pm. Therefore, he decided to be patient and wait for her there.

-

Ryu sits on the side of the road. The later the day, the more it became crowded. At this moment, Ryu still has a lot of hope. Then, he felt his phone vibrates.

"yes?"

"sir. You've been there for more than four hours. do you have a meeting with someone?"

"I'll go back there." Ryu sighs. He looks around once more to make sure he doesn't miss her.

Ryu decided to just go back to the hotel and come back tomorrow.

-

Yeji visits Mingyu's restaurant today. Since Mingyu seems like a nice boy, she can just be friends with him.

"aha! I've been waiting for you, I almost got scolded by my boss." Mingyu served her with a chocolate milkshake. He noticed that she ordered that often.

"thank you." Yeji sips Ryu's favorite drink. That's the least she can do to remind her of him while being out here. "so you're supposed to be closed?"

"yes. I asked his permission for this. I told him that someone special will come here and he allowed me." Mingyu smiles at her.

"you don't have to do that." Yeji shook her head, stifling a laugh.

"so you're done staring at the river?" he asked. "this restaurant have been so busy lately so I can't really accompany you."

"it's okay."