CHAPTER 13

Yeji ends her day with her last meeting. She gets out of the meeting room with her uncle and assistant.

"great job!" Heechul gives her a side hug. "I'm proud of you. I can give you my other company."

"you're exaggerating." Yeji rolled her eyes. "thank you, by the way."

"well, as long as I'm alive and not busy, I'll teach you something."

Hyunjin is already waiting for them in the office.

"wassup, son!" Heechul greeted them. "you guys are getting close. Any plan on getting married?"

"oh please. we have something better to do." Yeji sits on the couch, tidying up the documents.

"what's better than getting married?" Heechul scratches his head. "anyway, I was invited to a fashion event. Call me if you wanna tag along."

-

Ryu is on his way to his mother's movie premiere. He decided to introduce Karina to his mother so she's going with him, right now.

Arriving at the theatre, the two walks together on the red carpet. Since Nayeon arrived first, Ryu will have to pose with Karina on the red carpet.

Unlike the other casts, the camera's flashes like crazy. by now, Ryu doesn't mind if this ends up in the news even hours from now. there's nothing to worry about.

"have I ever told you that I'm a fan of your mom's movies? She's a really great actress." Karina walks side by side with Ryu.

"you did. that's why we're gonna see her after the movie."

They gets in to the studio and sits beside the other actors, almost at the very front of the studio. Ryu haven't found Nayeon yet so he'll just enjoy the movie.

After about two hours, Ryu looks to the side. Once the lights are all on, Ryu can see that Karina is still sobbing.

"was it that sad?" Ryu giggles a bit. "stop crying."

"it was so good." Karina wipes her tears.

"you came." Nayeon shows up beside them.

"of course." Ryu stands up then hugs her. "congrats."

"who's this?" Nayeon smiles at Karina.

"this is Karina. She's a model. I met her at work." Ryu replied.

"nice to meet you, ma'am. I'm a big fan of you. it's an honour to meet you in person." Karina bows a little.

"you're younger than Ryu. Your taste in movies is pretty... old. No offends. I appreciate it." Nayeon smiles kindly. "do you have another work after this?"

"I don't. I reschedule all of it for today."

The three walks out of the theatre, still greeted by reporters and paparazzi.

"I'll have another schedule. Hope to see you two again." Nayeon hugs Ryu and smiles to Karina. She then gets in to her car and drives away.

Right after Nayeon's car, there's his car. He quickly enters the car after opening up the door for Karina.

"it's already dinner time. should we go to a restaurant?" Ryu asked Wonpil.

"absolutely, sir."

"okay. Take me to the usual."

By usual, Ryu meant the one that he took Yeji to. That is indeed his favourite restaurant.

For some minutes, they finally arrived, walks in to the restaurant.

"good evening, Mr. Shin. Different girl, I see." the woman greeted them.

"ah, right." Ryu just gave her an awkward smile. "upstairs, like the usual."

"this way."

They both got led by the woman, walking upstairs. the seat that she gives them is the same one that Ryu and Yeji use the other day. they sit down and order some meals for themselves.

"what does she mean by that?" Karina is still stuck to the woman's statement.

"which one?"

"when she said different girl?" Karina is a little sad. She thought that they're already close. Turns out, he already brought another girl to such a romantic place.

"oh. it's not my first time here. I've brought my friends here." Ryu calmly replied.

"hmmm... alright." Karina just nodded.

Few minutes passed then the food arrived. As they start eating, they both are engaged in light conversations.

"so... who did you bring? Since it's a cosy place, I'm sure you used to hang out here." Karina sips her wine.

"other than my family..." Ryu held back. "my friends from high-school." He's not lying. Yeji is his high-school friend.

"um... did you got invited to the fashion event next week? I heard there'll be models and designers from around the world."

"I did. it's quite big so it's unusual if I didn't." Ryu stifles a laugh. "you did too, right?"

"I can't even believe that I did." Karina gives him a smile. "should we go together again?"

"of course."

-

Ryu is finally able to lay in his comfortable king bed. He decided to check his phone in case there are some texts or emails for work. Turns out Yeji texted her.

Hwang Yeji: I'll go to the fashion exhibition

Ryu: ok

Hwang Yeji: I wish we can go together. Will you be alone?

Ryu: no

Hwang Yeji: ok then. I'll see you there... my uncle invited me actually

Ryu: that's great. We'll meet up there

On the other side, Yeji tries to keep the conversation going. She knows that it's pretty late for long conversation but she can't help it.

"who the hell goes with him?" Yeji huffs. "of course, it must be Karina."

"everybody knows that." Mina commented. "they've been going out in public often."

"oh, shut up. it pisses me off even more."

"well, it can be only for fame." Mina shrugs. "it's all over the news. Hiding things is tiring too. you never know."

"but he doesn't need to hide things from me. what for?"

"he's not dumb, Yeji. Being open to you will only make you hurt. Is he that bad of a person?" Mina rolled her eyes. "he knows you like him in that way."

"so, you're saying he's playing hard to get?" Yeji asked innocently.

"he's also not that desperate."