CHAPTER 14

Finishing his shoots, Ryu quickly walks out of the building. He still has some time to go to Yuna's exhibition. Going straight to the place, Ryu finally arrived at the gallery.

"I'll call you when we're done." Ryu said to Wonpil and gets out of the car.

Entering the ballroom, Ryu immediately look for Yuna.

"Ryu!" Yuna waves her hand. She stands beside her three paintings.

Ryu walks towards her.

"take off your mask. Let's take a picture." Yuna takes out her phone, pulling her brother closer and takes some pics of themselves. "nice!"

"I can see you from afar

"I can see you from afar. People are still looking." Ryu commented, putting on his mask again.

"that's unexpected." Yuna takes a deep breath, holding her chest, and coughs a few times.

"why didn't they provide a chair? do you have to stand here all the time?" Ryu furrows his eyebrows. "How long have you been here?"

"about... three?" Yuna looks at her watch.

Right now, is 6pm. Ryu shakes his head and sighs. He stands beside Yuna, gets down on one knee, and taps it.

"sit." Ryu looks up at her. "go ahead."

"what are you doing? Get up!" Yuna whispers.

Ryu grabs her arm and pulls her to sit on his thigh.

"you're embarrassing me." Yuna slaps her own forehead.

"I'm embarrassing myself even more if you think about it." Ryu chuckles. "just rest for a bit. You look exhausted."

Yuna sighs. She's Lucky to have him as a brother she probably doesn't need a boyfriend or girlfriend. Having him is enough.

"Chaeryeong made a sculpture. You wanna see?" Yuna looks at Ryu. "she's there."

Ryu looks at the direction she pointed at. He can see Chaeryeong talking with the guests, supposing that she's explaining her artwork.

"I feel bad sitting like this. Let's go check them out." Yuna stands up, taking his hand, and dragging him towards Chaeryeong.

"hey!" Yuna greets her. "I really like your sculpture by the way."

"oh really?" Chaeryeong smiles at them. "thank you. someone just trying to buy it."

"that's great! I'm not that good at talking so they just look at it and walk away." Yuna pouts.

"but yours has a lot more worth than mine. Maybe they're still looking around some more." Chaeryeong who's facing Yuna's booth, notices that someone is standing in front of it. "look. Maybe he wants to know more about your panting." Chaeryeong points at the guy.

"right! I'll be back." Yuna jogs back to her booth, leaving Ryu who's busy staring at the paintings and sculpture.

"which one do you like?" Chaeryeong asked him.

"I think they're all beautiful." He replied, not looking at her.

"you're here."

Ryu looks to his side and see Yeji smiling at him. he averts his gaze back to the painting.

"I'm happy for Yuna. She's a really great artist." Yeji looks up at him. "I suppose that you're into arts too."

"I can't say that I'm not."

"are you gonna stay here or just wait for Yuna?"

"I planned on waiting for her." Ryu looks back at her.

"let's walk around. I know a bit of art from Chaeryeong." With no hesitation, Yeji takes Ryu's hand and gently pulls him to follow her.

Ryu's taken aback by her bold move. He thought that Yeji is just like one of his fans or something but seems like she treats him like an ordinary boy from her school. He follows Yeji, walking beside her who's looking at each painting that are displayed.

"so... what's your favorite color?" Yeji stops in front of a booth. Ryu looks down at the shorter girl.

"grey?" Ryu just said whatever comes to mind.

"really? I was expecting something more like blue or green or any other color." Yeji shrugs it off. They then continues to walk. "why? Something like yellow or turquoise is more vibrant and brighter. I'm just curious, you don't have to answer it."

"well... it's just what I have in mind." Ryu replied shortly.

"oh... that's great! You have a quick wit." Yeji smiles brightly at him. "it's still a color."

Ryu smiles a little behind his mask, looking at Yeji walking enthusiastically towards the booths. Along the way, Yeji explains the painting a little bit and Ryu just listens to her patiently. Even though most of the things that she said is too complicated, her childlike energy somehow transfers to Ryu.

"here. This is my favorite of all." Yeji stops in front of Yuna's booth.

"thanks." Yuna greets them. "I also think that this is my best work so far."

"see? Chaeryeong said that she can see her emotions from the strokes and colors." Yeji smiles at them both. "did someone just bought your painting?!" Yeji noticed a sold sign below the painting.

"they did?" Ryu gets shocked as well. "I was planning on putting it up on my wall."

"you can take the rest." Yuna shrugs. "I have a lot of paintings that you can see every day."

"so, can I have that one instead?" Yeji points at the other painting.

"sure."

-

Yuna cleans up her booth, taking her paintings and fixing the place. Ryu helps her with her stuff and they walk out of the building.

"I'll call Wonpil." Ryu drops some of her stuff and call him.

They can see the parking lot from here and also the view of Chaeryeong and Yeji struggling with their belongings.

"wait here. I'll help them." Ryu then walks fast towards the girls.

He quickly helps them getting everything inside the car. After everything is in and they shut the door, Ryu takes off his mask to breathe better.

"thank you so much." Chaeryeong said to him. "her driver is on his day off."

"no problem. Take care. It's getting dark." Ryu turns around.

"here." Yeji taps his back. she gives him two water bottles. "you guys must be tired."

"thank you."