CHAPTER 23

Yeji, Chaeryeong, and Yuna are hanging out in Yuna's room. since their finals starts at the same time, they decided to study together. But there are one more person left.

Ryu and Julia are in the living room. he opened the door for her and long story short, Julia was willing to help him study.

"so it has to go like this?" Ryu asked, writing down on his book.

"that's right! You're quick." Julia smiles at him.

"thank you." Ryu smiles back a little. "don't you wanna join them? They must be waiting for you."

"anything else you wanna ask?"

"not really. I'm keeping you here too long."

Yeji stands on the stairs, looking at them. She's a little jealous at their interaction but she decided to just play nice.

"Lia! I thought you're not coming." Yeji smiles at them.

"oh. I helped him a little. I'll join you guys after this." Julia packs up her things.

"fine." Yeji then walks towards the kitchen.

After Julia left upstairs, Ryu goes to the kitchen too. he noticed that Yeji stands in front of the fridge, choosing a drink.

"hurry up." Ryu jokes around, standing behind her. Yeji jumps a little, getting surprised.

"you scare me!" she slaps his arm playfully. She huffed and sit on a stool, checking her phone.

"do you have anyone taking you to prom?" Ryu sits beside her.

"are you planning on taking me?" Yeji wiggles her eyebrows. "go on. I'm listening."

"what? No. I'm just asking." Ryu leans back a little. "seems like you have a lot of proposal."

"don't mean to brag but I have. I rejected them all though." Yeji leans forward. "because... I didn't see yours."

Ryu stares into her eyes. he should be weirded out but this is enchanting. He breaks the eye contact and scoffed.

"I told you I'm not interested." Ryu turns around facing the counter. "I don't know if I can make it either."

"oh, c'mon. it'll be fun!" Yeji grabs his hand. "go to prom with me."

Ryu looks at her in disbelieve then glancing away.

"you're kidding?"

"I'm serious!" Yeji looks at him hopefully.

"go upstairs." Ryu stands up, leaving her alone.

-

Just like the usual, Ryu finished his schedule until late night. Before anything, he goes to Yuna's room.

"you're not sleeping yet?" Ryu asked when he sees that Yuna is on a call with someone.

"I'm about to." Yuna immediately hang up the call.

Ryu sits beside her on the bed.

"is it Kai?"

"y-yeah..." Yuna looks down.

"why are you scared? Are you guys dating?" Ryu sighs.

Yuna didn't reply.

"you know you can tell me everything. I'm sure you can be responsible with what you do." Ryu smiles at her. "go date. Have boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever." Ryu ruffles her hair.

"so I can call him again?"

"no. go to sleep." Ryu stops his way to the door. "you still have school tomorrow."

Ryu goes in to his room, taking off his jacket. Then, something falls out of the pocket. He takes the cat keychain that he got from Yeji.

"I'm sorry."