Trina's Big Showcase

August 24th, 2009,

School had let out more than an hour ago, but Trina was my ride home, so I had to wait on her to get her big showcase partner results. Once Lane had given it to her, she opened it right there.

The Big Showcase is a big deal, it's where managers, agents and big people come to Hollywood Arts to sniff out potential.

Trina had been partnered up with one of my best friends, Andre Harris. She barely knew him and insisted on calling him 'Andrew' and I don't understand why when we've gone to school with him since Middle School! Anyways, the whole ride home she was complaining because 'she was partnered up with a 10th grader' or that 'he was going to mess with her talent'...

I kinda felt bad for my Andre, he was going to have to deal with my sister for the next week!

Thankfully I decided against participating in this year's Big Showcase as I had performed with my best friend, Jade last year for our freshman year. So, sitting in the back row was going to be me, Jade, my boyfriend, Beck and my other best friend, Cat. My friend Robbie was working backstage with a boy named Sinjin. They mostly did all the technical stuff for the school's events, along with Sinjin's friends.

As soon as we entered the house, Trina opened her big mouth to tell Tori, my twin sister what happened. "I AM SO UPSET!" Trina exclaimed as she slammed the front door open. "You won't believe who I got partnered up with for the big showcase!"

Okay, so Tori doesn't go to Hollywood Arts. She can sing, but when Trina and I were 12 and 13 auditioning for Hollywood Arts middle school she wanted to stay at our old school with her friends.

"Hey Tor, Hi Evan." I greeted, sending the two a wave as I tossed my (your favorite color) backpack on the couch. 

"Hey." Tori said, her full attention now on us. Tori and Evan had been working on their science project, something about mold. 

"Hi Y/n." Evan waved back.

"Who?" Tori asked Trina, leaning her arm on the back rest of the seat Evan was in.

"Andrew Harris! A tenth grader!" She exclaimed as she put her bag down and stomped towards the kitchen.

"What's the big showcase?" Evan asked, looking at Tori who shrugged her shoulders.

"It's a performance they put on at our school every year, it's really cool. You should co—" I said, before Trina interrupted me.

"They invite agents and directors and producers and other super powerful people in show business and is extremely important to me which is why I am very upset and GOODBYEE!" She outboasted as she began pulling Evan across the living room, and out the door. She slammed the door in his face as he tried to tell her about his backpack and laptop.

"Trina!" I scolded, grabbing Evan's laptop and putting it in his backpack. I made sure he didn't leave anything before opening the front door. I looked around to see if he was still outside, which he was and gave him his stuff back.

"Thanks Y/n." He said, putting his backpack on.

"You're welcome. Bye." I waved, going back inside. 

"I have to turn in my mold bush!" Tori exclaimed as I walked back into the house.

"No! Andrew is coming over and you two have to help us figure out what we're gonna do in the big showcase!" Trina whined, "I definitely wanna sing!" She said, before pressing a few random keys on the piano, singing loudly. I held my ear, going to sit on the piano. "How was that?" She asked, smirking.