Driving the Twins Crazy

Monday, April 25th, 2011

As I came back into my room from brushing my teeth, I slipped on my (yfc) slippers, walking towards my dresser. I was still in my pajamas and hadn't done my hair yet, but I had like 40 minutes until school started, so I had plenty of time. Pulling the small drawer out, I looked through my jewelry box to see what kind of jewelry I wanted to wear today, 

My phone chimed from its place on my bed, making me go grab it as Trina came out of the bathroom, doing her loud voice exercises. I rolled my eyes as I checked my phone, seeing the good morning text Beck had just sent. I smiled as I pressed my finger to the pear sign, opening my phone and heading downstairs.

"Hi mom." I greeted, walking down the staircase as she sat at the table, and Tori stood behind the island, her hair damp.

"Good morning honey." She smiled, before taking a bite of breakfast.

"What ya make?" I asked, as I passed by the piano.

She looked at me, "Oh, I was just telling your sister," She pointed at Tori. "I made a gorgeous egg-white omelet with mushrooms and spinach. And freshly chopped tomatoes from our backyard. Do you girls want one?" She asked.

I nodded, sitting at the table. "Yeah."

"Sure." Tori smiled.

She gestured behind her, casting a sideways glance. "Stove's right there."

"But... I thought...—" I looked from the stove to her, as Tori went to the oven, picking up the egg carton.

"There's no more eggs." She said, looking at mom.

"Oh right..." She murmured, cutting some of her omelet before taking a bite.

Tori and I looked at each other, "We can't make an omelet without eggs." I pointed out, looking at her. Why would she offer us some, and we have no eggs left to make it! I was fine with making it.

"Yeah, I can't argue with that." She shook her head, focused solely on her food and her book. I rolled my eyes, sighing as I texted Beck back. It was entirely too early for my mom to decide she didn't want to 'mom' right now. I loved my mom... but dang, did she love to pick and choose.

"Guess I'll just suck on this tomato skin." Tori said, picking the tomato skin up as she looked at mom.

"I already did." She mindlessly answered, making Tori frown and softly throw it onto the paper towel it had previously been on. Guess we'll be picking something up on the way to school.

"Bwaaahhhnnn!" Trina yelled, as she descended down the stairs, making both Tori and I look at her. "Nyaaahhhnnn! Mweeehhhnnn! Gwaaahhhnnn!" She shouted, carefully walking towards her bag on the platform as Tori walked closer to her.

"Your singing's not getting better." Tori told her, hands planted on her waist.

Trina looked up from her makeup bag, staring at her. "I'm doing vocal warm-ups. It's what real singers do." She retorted as I stood up.

"Uh-oh. Girls, you better hurry or you're gonna be late for school." Mom said, standing up from her chair.

I looked at her, before glancing at my phone. "But it's only 7:10." I shrugged.

"We have tons of time." Trina added, standing up from the platform.

"Unh-uh. They're shooting some movie right down the street." Mom continued.

"So?" Tori asked.

"So, to get to school, Trina's gonna have to go up to Mulholland and take the long way." She explained, before turning around as my eyes widened.