The Diddly-Bops

January, 

"All right, uh nice work everyone." Sikowitz said after the bell rung and everyone was leaving the classroom. "Wait, Y/n, Tori, Andre, Beck, Cat, Jade, Robbie stay for a moment." He called us back.

"Um, why do you have a woman's purse?" Tori asked as Sikowitz went to the window, grabbing the purse.

"I don't have a wo—" he said, bringing his hand up, now seeing the purse he was holding. "Good Gandhi, where did this come from?" He looked at the light green purse, throwing it behind him. "And where's my dozen bagels?"

"Can I leave?" Jade asked.

"Wait... How would you teenagers like to do something for money?"

"Umm... Can you tell us what we would be doing first?" I asked, seeing as no one said anything. Instead, they looked around questioningly.

"Well, I assume you're all familiar with Kevin Chase."

"The guy that owns like half the hotels in Vegas?" Beck asked as he stepped up, removing his arm from my shoulders.

"I'm telling the story!" Sikowitz exclaimed, sounding slightly unhinged.

"Sorry." Beck surrendered his hands, backing up a little.

"Kevin was my roommate in college and now he is extremely wealthy and his little boy is turning four years old this week. Ah, the big O - four." He continued as he grabbed a empty crate that was sitting by the window, moving it to the center of the stage. He sat on it, crossing his legs.

"What do you want, man?" Rex asked.

"Kevin hired the Waggafuffles—"

"Ooh!" Cat squealed, grabbing onto Robbie's shoulder.

"To perform a song at his son's birthday party."

"Oh, I love the Waggafuffles. Wagga wagga wagga wag your fuffle left and right. Wagga wagga wagga wag your fuffle day and night. Wa—"

"Shut up!" Rex raised his voice, stopping Cat's dance.

"Rex told me to shut up!" She turned to Sikowitz.

"Yes, thank you, Rex." He thanked, making Cat gasp and Tori and I snicker. I wanted her to be quiet as well, because I wanted and needed Sikowitz to get to his point. And apparently, Jade was thinking the same thing.

"I'll give you this dollar to get to the point." She stepped up, holding up a $1.

"I couldn't possibly take your money." He said, standing up as he went and snatched the dollar, turning back around to the small stage. "Apparently, the Waggafuffles private jet—" Sikowitz started chuckling, "Crashed" He paused, laughing more. "And so, now, Kevin needs a new musical group to perform at his son's birthday party." He concluded, putting his foot on the crate.

"Are they okay?" I asked.

"No." He said, not skipping a beat.

"So, you want us to form a kiddie musical group?" Robbie asked.

"For just one performance."

"No." Jade said, turning to the door as the rest of my friends followed.

"Wai—" I said, trying to get them to rethink.

"He'll pay you a thousand dollars." Sikowitz said, making them all turn back around.

"A thousand?" Tori asked.

"Shall I tell my friend you're all in?"

"Uh, where would we do this?" Andre asked.

"I'll set up the party here at school in the Black Box theater. You can perform on stage after the kids have their cake and ice-cream, it'll be fantastic." He said, as he animatedly talked.