Tori Gets Stuck

November,

"Let's..." Sikowitz put down his coconut on the wooden shelf, walking to the middle of the little stage. "Discuss..." He threw his straw out the window, before posing. "acting!" He exclaimed, looking at the class. We stared back at him confused, waiting for him to continue.

"What about acting?" Andre asked after no one said anything.

"Oh, yes." He stood up straight from his pose, "Any questions?" He asked and I looked at Jade, slightly confused.

We were in Sikowitz class and class was almost over, we were just waiting for the bell to ring. We were learning about Psycho Physical Awareness before Sikowitz switched gears and did... that.

"One time, my brother painted part of his body purple." Cat said, making us look at her.

"Well, why did your brother paint part of his body purple?" Robbie asked.

"He had a job interview." She said. What kind of job requires that?? She shook her head, smiling to herself. "He didn't get it.."

The bell ringed and we grabbed our bags, getting ready to leave. "Wait, wait, wait." Sikowitz said, before grinning. "Would anyone be interested in seeing the cast list for our little play called Steamboat Suzy!?" He asked, getting the paper from his back pocket.

"Yeah." "Yeah." "You know it."

He backed up with ease, pulling the paper to his chest, where we couldn't see it as Jade walked up to the stage. "Oh!" He exclaimed; his eyes full of suspense.

"I got the lead, right?" Jade said and Sikowitz's playful face fell.

He beckoned forward, his eyebrows raised up. "Pardon?"

"I'm playing Suzy, right?" Jade asked again, challenging Sikowitz.  He looked at her anxiously, messing with the folded paper. Without a word said he dropped the paper on the ground and high tailed it out the classroom. I shook my head, rolling my eyes. Well.. we know the answer to that one. Now the question was, did I get the part or did Tori?

Jade walked up the stage and grabbed the paper, unfolding it. "Did you get the lead?" Cat asked once Jade looked up. She balled the paper up and let it fall from her hands before kicking the chair beside her with a yell. She didn't get it...

"Ion think she got it." Andre said, looking at the balled up paper beside Tori as I shook my head in agreeance.

"So who's playing Suzy?" Robbie asked as Tori grabbed the paper from the floor.

She unfolded the paper as Jade looked at her, "Me." She said, sending a nervous glance at Jade.

"Yeah, her." Jade nodded, "That!" She pointed at her. "She got the lead!"

"What part did you get?" I asked.

"I got cheated and humiliated!" She exclaimed, making me roll my eyes at her.

"You get used to it." Sinjin said and Robbie nodded.

"All right now, chill down." Andre told her as he got the paper from Tori. He looked down at the paper as Robbie and Cat moved closer towards him. "Let's see. It says right here, 'Jade West, understudy for the role of Suzy.'"

"Oh, yee-hoo." She said sarcastically, shaking her head. "Like it's my dream to be Tori's understudy." She looked at Tori with a glare.

"What's an understudy?" Tori asked. Oh my God, she's been in this school for a year now! Over a year!

I let my head hang down, letting out a sigh. "Oh my God." I mumbled.

"Oh, man!" Jade groaned, throwing her water bottle across the room.