Wi-Fi in the Sky

April,

"The captain has turned off the fasten seat belt sign. You're now free to move about the cabin." A flight attendant announced.

Trina, Tori and I were currently on a plane, flying back to LA after spending the weekend with our grandparents in Idaho. Ever since I could remember, my sisters and I would always spend the first week of April with them. It was a tradition.

"Hey, Y/n, Tori." Trina called. I opened an eye, as I was trying to sleep. "Hey." she called again causing Tori to lower her book and look at her.

"What?"

"Is this chicken?" She put her fork with the chicken on it in my face, then moved it towards Tori, who sniffed it.

"I think it might be pineapple."

"Or part of a thumb." I added.

"Uch, I can't eat airplane food. Too gross, ugh." Trina said, disgusted, pulling the fork back and cleaning up her food tray.

She reached over me, putting the dirty food tray on Tori's tray who just stared at it.

"And why is this now on my tray table?"

Trina looked up from the window, "Because I'm done with it."

"I don't care if you're done with it." Tori argued as the little boy behind Trina's chair started kicking her seat, again. "Keep the garbage on—"

"Hey, kid. I told you to stop kicking my seat." Trina faced him.

"So?" The little boy mocked, continuing to kick her seat which was making my chair rock as well.

"Stop that!" Trina shouted.

"You're not the queen of this plane."

Trina turned to his father, who was sat behind Tori. "Excuse me, will you please do something about your son?" she asked politely.

The father sighed, not looking up from his newspaper. "Will you stop kicking her seat?"

"No."

Trina and I looked at the father, who shrugged and went back to his newspaper.

"Some people are so rude!" Trina said sitting back down, turning to look at Tori and me.

"I know!" Tori grabbed Trina's dirty napkin and held it up.

"This is captain Stew Bings, sorry about our late start today. We should be arriving in Los Angeles at around 11:14 PM."

"Wait, what time did he say?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"11:14" Trina repeated.

"Oh, great, 3 and half hours late." Tori groaned, looking at her phone.

"Why do you care?"

"We're supposed to meet Beck, Andre and Cat to write a script for class that's due in the morning." I spoke.

"What teacher?" Trina asked.

"Gradstein." Tori responded.

"Ooh, he's tough."

"No, chiz."

"What is chiz anyway?"

"Andre thinks it's a German sausage."

"I think it's another way to say cheese or cheez itz?" I added, in which Trina nodded in response as a flight attendant walked up.

She stood in the aisle, by Tori's seat handing a glass of water to the man across from us. "Here is your water."

"Thank you." He smiled, taking his glass.